• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM- Gambit #1
4 4

13 posts in this topic

Hello all thank you for your time. I made the mistake of trying to use a magic eraser to get some dirt off the cover and it appears to have scuffed it/faded it. My dad has had this for at least 20 years, he payed $4 for it and he gave it to me to see how much it’s worth. After investigation I see it may have some value, but only as a 9.8. The pages are in 10/10 condition. The only issue is the scuffs that my dumb put on the cover. What would you guys rate this? I appreciate you for your time.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

All I see is a slight dimple in the front cover below Gambit's lower leg and possibly two fingerprints. Maybe.

9.4 or better IMO.

Thanks for sharing.

Grendelbo I really appreciate you taking the time you look at my posts. Your account looks like you know your stuff. I have quite a few comics from this time period. If you were in possession of this comic, would you send it in to be signed by the editor and Chief Tom Delfaco, and graded for $80??? It seems like it’s worth it, I’d really appreciate your thoughts on the matter.

8 minutes ago, CertifiedSavage said:

Grendelbo I really appreciate you taking the time you look at my posts. Your account looks like you know your stuff. I have quite a few comics from this time period. If you were in possession of this comic, would you send it in to be signed by the editor and Chief Tom Delfaco, and graded for $80??? It seems like it’s worth it, I’d really appreciate your thoughts on the matter.

If his signature means anything to you.

Personally I'm not big on signatures. I have a few and I enjoy them but I have never paid for one (except if I bought a book with a signature - but never at a premium).

Don't mean to be a downer but these (and your xmen in another post) are 100 dola books in 9.8. If your reasons for grading them are for sentimental reasons then go for it. But if its for selling , then good to calculate the costs first. May not be worth it

Nah Grendel I appreciate that I need the truth because I am 95% looking to make money out of this. There’s quite a few of the comics I own (including the ones posted) I have 2 or 3 copies of around the same condition. I’m pretty new so I’m trying to figure out what’s actually considered near mint and what isn’t. However to one point you made, I will refute that based on my research, this comic could apparently be worth over $250 at least if it’s at least a 9.6. 

F584362B-6F29-4343-B3B5-9653BFC73042.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Deadpoolica said:

Ditto.  Having a book signed is a personal decision...IMO.  Spending more money to have a book signed, then clean/pressed/graded...that's a sizeable investment.  If it's going into your PC, and it's worth the cost, by all means...go for it.  If it's for resale, not worth the effort...but that's just me.  It's all in the eyes of the beholder. (thumbsu

Creepy.gif