• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Generation X #1 Marvel Comic
3 3

6 posts in this topic

It’s becoming very apparent to me as I look closer at my comics how easy it is for some of these to scuff. Are these considered minor defects? Or am I out a 9.6 and looking at a 8.8 smfh. I mean At first glance these look like right out of the factory. But upon further inspection it is quite clear there are minor defects. Thanks for your time guys. I posted a few comics at once I apologize. I’m just trying to get as much information as possible to understand what’s okay to have in the terms of defects to still land myself a 9.8. Love you guys for your fricken time. <3

Foil covers like these are hard for me to grade. Before I read your post I too was thinking how easily they aquire scratches. Undoubtedly some come from the factory that way or pick it up through stacking and, of course, handling. Heck, lay it out in your dinning room table to read and it's going to scratch.

There are many scratches made apparent by the light you had on when taking the pic. I don't know how these will count against the grade.

However, there is a big one between the Marvel Logo and the "G" in "Generation." Likely production-related but I think it would drop the book -0.2.

I also see an impacted corner - front cover bottom left. A color breaking tick is on the opposite side on the back cover.

9.2 IMO

Thanks for posting.

I don't know about an 8.8, but chromium covers like this are always susceptible to cosmetic scuffing and scratching.  All you have to do is look at it wrong.  I'm not seeing a 9.6 (or 8.8) here, unfortunately.  9.0/9.2...IMO. (thumbsu