• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Same Invoice, multiple books.

7 posts in this topic

Hello, This was my first submission to CGC. Sent books back in Dec 2020 and understood that you guys had a lot going on, but I have been patient :) . My books from Dec 2020 finally showed up in April 2021 after a long wait and I see that I finally had my Modern books graded and being sent back. Thank you! I am overjoyed with my grades!
My question is, You guys still have 2 more of my books. One shows up as "received" with no other status and the other still shows "scheduled for grading" I am guessing that its because one book went for pressing and is still in limbo right? I always thought that all books from a single invoice were returned at the same time? All were Modern accept one that was Value.

• Administrator

Good afternoon,

One order could have multiple submissions depending on the tier and services you selected.  It sounds like you had some books go to pressing and some just to grading as well as both Modern and Value tiers.  That will all result in separate submissions which will have different turnaround times.  When an invoice is with CCS for pressing, the status will remain as "received" the entire time it is with CCS.  That will change once it moves over to CGC to start the grading process, however.  

If you would like more information about your specific invoices, please email our customer service department and provide them the submission numbers and we can provide a more detailed update.  You can reach customer service at: submissions@cgccomics.com.

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, K.P.D. said:

Modern and Value can't be on the same invoice iirc.

Yes, they can - but they won't be sent back together, and the customer will be charged for separate shipping for each package.  You can pretty much mix everything up on an invoice - I've sent magazines with several different tiers of comics all in one box, with one packing slip, and had no issues.  

I have no idea about CCS, as I haven't used them.  But yes, I'm sure CGC enjoys charging me an extra $5 for each tier they ship back!  I just would rather send everything to them in one box, even if I have "mixed-tier" items, instead of sending several different boxes for each tier/invoice.  

On 3/10/2021 at 5:05 PM, Willbert said:

Typically I send mixed tiers and write nothing. I have heard of people doing 50 book subs and including 1 express tier book just so it gets opened right away. Disappointing that that's what it's come too.

^^^ From the TAT thread.  

• Administrator

Hi, I think there is some confusion between an order and a submission.  You can have multiple grading tiers and services on one online order form.  The form itself will separate the books out into the different tiers and services(you will see them grouped that way on your packing slip) and then those tiers will be entered into our system as different submissions. So, you could have a Modern, a Value and an Express all on one online order but they will be entered into our system as separate submissions and will be completed and shipped back at different times.  

You just have to complete separate online order forms if you have both magazines and comics, for example.  Or if you have a regular submission and a private signing submission.  You will have to do separate online orders for these as the order form will only allow you to select one option in those categories.  

If you have any other questions, you can reach our customer service department at 877-662-6642. Thanks!