• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CW's SUPERNATURAL: THE WINCHESTERS prequel series (TBD)

13 posts in this topic

“Supernatural,” the hit CW drama series starring Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki, is getting a spinoff.

The network has given a -script commitment to “The Winchesters,” a prequel that will focus on Sam and Dean Winchester’s parents, John and Mary. The one-hour drama will be produced by Chaos Machine Productions, the production banner of Jensen and his wife Danneel Ackles, through their overall deal with Warner Bros. Television.

Per the logline, the new show will be told from the perspective of the narrator, Dean— and Ackles will be reprising his role. It’s described as the epic, untold love story of how the Winchester couple met and how they put it all on the line to not only save their love, but the entire world.

Well...season 1 is a wrap and honestly I can't tell you how disappointed I was with it.  What a chore it was getting through it.  On multiple occasions I came oh so close to packing it in.  

I can't think of one redeeming feature.  The acting was terrible and the writing equally so.  I found zero chemistry between the characters.  Even Jensen, Jim and Alexander looked bored and uninterested in the finale...and no Sam??  Come on.

Whether this gets renewed is, as of yet (to me anyway) to be determined but If it is renewed, I won't be watching.

Other thoughts?

Edited by pemart1966

On 3/13/2023 at 6:18 PM, D84 said:

I loved Supernatural, but there was no way I'm watching a prequel where John and Mary hunted together. John didn't know Mary was a hunter until after she died.

If they can't even get that :censored: right, I doubt it's worth my time.

The show was so bad that they brought Dean and Bobby in for the finale. :roflmao: