• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Image Comics Will Not Work With Warren Ellis Until He Has Made Amends
2 2

80 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Spawnfreak said:

George Burns, when asked why he surrounded himself with beautiful young women, replied," I liked young women all my life, and my life isn't over yet", and to my knowledge, was never accused of anything untoward. So, watch it with the old men S#$%!:pullhair:

George Burns wasnt creepy about it.  It was more of a schtick than slobbering lust.

Edited by kav

2 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I don't buy the malarkey. Almost every relationship ends with, "you were emotionally abusive!" Sorry that I didn't want to own a dog with you, Sally...

He was targeting young female fans, doing emotionally abusive things to them, manipulating them for his sexual pleasure, and then, when he'd gotten that, just throw them away. 

Very different scenario to a relationship on equal terms that just doesn't work out for whatever reason. 

Just now, Mecha_Fantastic said:

He was targeting young female fans, doing emotionally abusive things to them, manipulating them for his sexual pleasure, and then, when he'd gotten that, just throw them away

Very different scenario to a relationship on equal terms that just doesn't work out for whatever reason. 

That's my ideal Saturday night.

3 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I've read through some of these testimonials. It's interesting how retrospective people get when they lose their high.

All is say to that is power imbalances and oxytocin are a powerful combination, I imagine. Other than that, not a thing I can really comment on. Your opinion is your opinion, mate, and we've basically said the same thing, anyway. 

57 minutes ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

He was targeting young female fans, doing emotionally abusive things to them, manipulating them for his sexual pleasure, and then, when he'd gotten that, just throw them away. 

Do you have some links?  All I ever read was he flirted with them.

I know there are some lawyers here - maybe, many have long left this forum - but I wonder if there are any EEOC lawyers here? Was wondering: If Ellis used 'work' as a condition of manipulation to receive sexual favors, I wonder if that could fall under those laws. 

On 6/26/2021 at 1:47 AM, kav said:

From what I remember and dont quote me on this maybe others can clarify it was more perceived creepy flirtation than actual criminal acts.

If it was criminal acts, the police would be involved. 

Anyways, it's still icky, and it really sours my experience of watching the Castlevania series whenever his name appears on the title. (sidebar, it's also super dumb for him to recieve prominant "creator" status on a show based on a video game (which itself has Dracula s the antagonist), he didn't create Castlevania)

51 minutes ago, kav said:

Most of it is, "we were intimate and then we weren't" and, "I enjoyed my experience until I learned that others went through the same thing".

It's the same thing as being offended after she says you're the biggest but then tells you the truth after you break up.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

35 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

If it was criminal acts, the police would be involved. 

Not if they didn't press charges. They could though.

Using a position of power and influence to trick people into sex isn't any less of an actionable offense as using a position of power and influence to trick people into buying something that isn't what it was sold as. Because women are involved though, Comics Gate sees it as different. 

1 hour ago, kav said:

Besides @Prince Namor's link what I was paraphrasing came from someone in the debacle, allegedly Ellis. 

It should also be noted that the women involved also stressed that nothing illegal was done to them, so there's definitely nothing criminal to pursue, just hurt feelings and personal trauma, which is arguably much worse. 

Edited by Mecha_Fantastic
Correction Of Facts

6 minutes ago, Qalyar said:

If you can't treat others with some basic standard of human respect, you don't get to contribute your creative voice to further projects.

I hate to break it to you, but respect is nearly non-existent when it comes to love/sex affairs. Image can do whatever they want, but to pretend that there's a moral high ground simply reminds me that "all is fair in love and war".

Edited by theCapraAegagrus