• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inner sleeve of graded comics not secure
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I just got back a batch of freshly graded comics and I noticed that on a bunch of the books the inner sleeve is lose and moves slightly inside the case. The comics seem secure in that inner sleeve but it still feels like an encapsulation defect. I have had ~100 books graded by CGC and this has never happened before and now its multiple books in 1 order. I called CGC customer service and the rep said it is not a defect and that it's ok because the comic is not being damaged. So it doesn't seem like CGC wants to pay to fix this. Has anyone else experienced this? I intend to sell these books and now I'm not sure if I am going to get complaints. What should I do? Thanks!

Long time lurker, I see…technically, they are safe as long as they are sitting in a box somewhere not moving or being mailed…I would call them again and ask for a manager…I haven’t seen any recent books that noticeably move around…I would think persistence will pay off eventually…

On 6/30/2021 at 9:17 AM, lostboys said:

If I have to choose between Newton rings, inner well scuffs or this, I'd gladly choose this.

I’m not so sure. If the inner well moves around, there’s no secure way to ship the book .  The well will bang up against the case repeatedly, increasing the chances of SCS.2c

2 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I’m not so sure. If the inner well moves around, there’s no secure way to ship the book .  The well will bang up against the case repeatedly, increasing the chances of SCS.2c

True but if I open a box from CGC and there's no damage from SCS, I'd rather have a loose well over NR or scuffs because at that point it goes safely into my file cabinet for me to enjoy till I die.

18 hours ago, lostboys said:

True but if I open a box from CGC and there's no damage from SCS, I'd rather have a loose well over NR or scuffs because at that point it goes safely into my file cabinet for me to enjoy till I die.

It’s a win if you’re keeping it for the PC(thumbsu