• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should i grade Batman 227 or sell as is

5 posts in this topic

I would love any information and what anyone thinks, never had anything graded and torn whether i should spend the money on grading or if its better off selling as is... i have a few rare comics i was going to let go of.

20210624_201507.jpg

20210624_201512.jpg

20210624_201515.jpg

What is your preferred minimum profit margin?

Edited by revat

On 6/26/2021 at 10:15 PM, Nannerzz said:

I would love any information and what anyone thinks, never had anything graded and torn whether i should spend the money on grading or if its better off selling as is... i have a few rare comics i was going to let go of.

The current turnaround times in the Economy tier, including pressing, plus the wait time to get the package open means you won't see it for a year (or some more)

Standard tier roughly half the time and double the cost, so factor that into your decision.

try hunting around Ebay sold listings to look for graded & raw issues in similar shape (and/or try comcspriceguide.com but not sure how accurate their price guide is for raws - try gocollect.com for graded prices)

Consigning it to mycomicshop is the easiest way  to go. If they think it is worth getting graded, they''ll let you know. If it is restored or trimmed, you'll find out with spending your money.