• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to determine FMV for Walkthrough tier grading and pressing cost
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I want to make my first submission to CGC and I would like some info on how I should determine FMV for the walkthrough grading and pressing fees which are 3% of FMV each.

Lets say I have a raw Hulk 181 that after a C&P by CGC gets graded as a 9.6, but right now, as is, I put the FMV as $15,000. Will the actual cost be adjusted by CGC after it is graded so if it comes out as a 9.6 or higher the FMV is higher and therefore I will be charged more?

I would like to do everything right so please advise as how to determine FMV? Thanks!

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  The value we ask you for is an insurance value, a number you would feel comfortable with in terms of a replacement value if your book was lost or damaged while with us. We do encourage you to be conservative as we do not reimburse you if you over-value your book. In the event that your book was grossly under-valued, we would contact you to bump the book to a higher grading tier and you would just pay the difference in the grading fees at that time.

Thank you!