• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kang the Conqueror MCU
2 2

27 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:
11 hours ago, Bo1983 said:

While my dna says I’m 30 percent African dna so I can say what I won’t but hole that’s how it works right?

Are there any instances in which you would but hole?

giphy.gif

22 hours ago, Bird said:

I also think a miniseries with Kang and some space alien women would be awesome drawn by Frank Cho.

I love Cho's work...BUTT...anything with a space alien women I would want J.S. Campbell to draw it(thumbsu.

On the topic of this post...Nick Fury.  MCU has proven that they don't always stick to the comics when it comes to race/gender.

***I do like that they are comic accurate (relatively) with the costumes though

21 hours ago, TupennyConan said:

I'd like Jonathan Majors to have purple & pistachio skin tone in the role of KANG.

You and pistachios.  It's always pistachios with you.  Pistachio this and pistachio that. 

Give it a break. 

7 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

There's a black Nick Fury in the comics, too. IIRC, he was drawn to look specifically like Samuel L. Jackson.

Despite Will Smith's great job, I wasn't a fan of race-swapping Deadshot.

There's no comparison between the Ultimate version of Nick Fury (20 years and 82 total appearances) and the canonical 616 version (58 years and 1,100+ appearances). Ultimates characters are like "What If?" fantasy versions.

And comics fans would have pitched a fit if the movies went whole hog with the Ultimates versions of the characters vs. the traditional ones, like:

• Black Panther being mute
  • Venom being made by Peter Parker's dad rather than being a symbiote
  • Hulk being grey and eating people
  • Monica Chang being Black Widow (not Natasha Romanov)

etc.

Edited by Gatsby77

On 6/30/2021 at 2:16 PM, Gatsby77 said:

There's no comparison between the Ultimate version of Nick Fury (20 years and 82 total appearances) and the canonical 616 version (58 years and 1,100+ appearances). Ultimates characters are like "What If?" fantasy versions.

And comics fans would have pitched a fit if the movies went whole hog with the Ultimates versions of the characters vs. the traditional ones, like:

• Black Panther being mute
  • Venom being made by Peter Parker's dad rather than being a symbiote
  • Hulk being grey and eating people
  • Monica Chang being Black Widow (not Natasha Romanov)

etc.

TDKR Batman is also an 'Elseworlds' story, but that doesn't mean that I ignore the character's existence when adapted to the silver screen. (shrug)

If there is precedent, then there is basis from the source material.