• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIDDICK 4 FURYA in the works (TBD)
5 5

37 posts in this topic

I'm a big fan of the Riddick movies - glad to see this is still moving forward. I hope they've taken some inspiration from other franchises since the time from when they started to help move theirs along. I'd love to see a unique Riddick universe.

Edited by Dr. Balls

A Riddick universe would be fun. I have always thought that this franchise could have been more if they had put the time into it. I really hope they go ahead with Furya as it could be an amazing origin story if done right. 

On 1/25/2023 at 12:39 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I'm a big fan of the Riddick movies - glad to see this is still moving forward. I hope they've taken some inspiration from other franchises since the time from when they started to help move theirs along. I'd love to see a unique Riddick universe.

On 1/25/2023 at 1:19 PM, kimik said:

A Riddick universe would be fun. I have always thought that this franchise could have been more if they had put the time into it. I really hope they go ahead with Furya as it could be an amazing origin story if done right. 

Have you seen Riddick: Dary Fury, the animated movie that is part of this world?

On 1/25/2023 at 11:31 AM, Bosco685 said:

Have you seen Riddick: Dary Fury, the animated movie that is part of this world?

No. Is that an origin story? I am not a big animated movie watcher/viewer.

On 1/25/2023 at 11:37 AM, kimik said:

I'm kinda here as well - I don't watch much animation, but assuming the animation is part of the whole story up until now?

On 1/25/2023 at 1:37 PM, kimik said:

On 1/25/2023 at 2:14 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I'm kinda here as well - I don't watch much animation, but assuming the animation is part of the whole story up until now?

I think I can do two Movies Anywhere Screen Pass shares for the same movie when I have at least two to give. Do you guys have MA (which if free ya cheapskates :baiting: )?

On 2/11/2023 at 3:59 AM, Bosco685 said:

Ok, this franchise is my guilty pleasure. The original was an old school monster movie that brought back my nostalgia for the genre. The sequel was something completely different that worked for me. And then they decided to basically remake the original for the third one.  Dumb fun. But boy was it fun. I am happy to hear they are moving forward with a fourth one and Mr. Unleaded doesn’t have to put his house up to get it made.

On 2/13/2023 at 10:15 AM, ▫️ said:

Ok, this franchise is my guilty pleasure. The original was an old school monster movie that brought back my nostalgia for the genre. The sequel was something completely different that worked for me. And then they decided to basically remake the original for the third one.  Dumb fun. But boy was it fun. I am happy to hear they are moving forward with a fourth one and Mr. Unleaded doesn’t have to put his house up to get it made.

Chronicles of Riddick was so much hardcore fun. But that scene where he kills the Lord Marshal... :headbang:

Vin Diesel is set to enter production on Riddick: Furya, the anticipated fourth installment of the Riddick franchise, on August 26.

Shooting in Germany, Spain and the U.K., this follow-up to the sci-fi films Pitch Black (2000), The Chronicles of Riddick (2004) and Riddick (2013) reunites Diesel with writer-director David Twohy. Diesel reprises his role as the anti-hero Richard B. Riddick, a dangerous escaped convict wanted by every bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Diesel will produce for One Race Films, alongside Samantha Vincent. Thorsten Schumacher for Rocket Science and Lars Sylvest for Thank You Studios will also produce alongside Joe Neurauter. Rocket Science repped international rights and has completed worldwide cornerstone pre-sales to the UK (yet to be announced), France (Metropolitan), Germany (Leonine), Spain and Latin America (Sun), Benelux (The Searchers), Poland (Kinoswiat), Canada (Elevation), Scandinavia (Scanbox), Portugal (Lusomundo), Switzerland (Ascot Elite), South Africa (Empire), Greece (Femeway), the Middle East (Front Row), CIS and Baltic States (Volga), Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Czech/Slovak, Republic Former Yugoslavia (ProRom), and Thailand (Sahamongkhol). CAA Media Finance is representing the film’s North American rights.

Posted (edited)

Fantastic news. I am looking forward to another installment of Riddick. 

It is too bad that they were a bit ahead of their time with the animated film and multi-media approach to building a franchise. I wonder if there will be interest in that if this film does better than expected at the box office? The more regular sci-fi streaming content we get the better IMHO.

Edited by kimik