• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Website Dealing Exclusively in Bronze Age Comic Digests

13 posts in this topic

I've decided to start downsizing my comic digest collection, but am not in a hurry. So I decided to create a website: http://bronzeagecomicdigests.weebly.com and see what happens. No DC digests, but plenty of Archie, Gold Key, Dennis the Menace, etc. -- books that are typically hard to find in high grade. And I have hundreds of them.

Anyway, if you're into digests, this is an excellent source for higher grade books - especially those published between 1968 and 1987. I'm not often on the forums, but I can be reached via email at eroussin@rogers.com .

Edited by Eric10

1 minute ago, Eric10 said:

Yeah, not sure what's going on. But if you cut and paste the address in your browser, it should work fine.

Huh.  Strange that the cut-and-paste works. 

I know you're selling "comic related books", but I wouldn't use Comic Sans as the base typeface throughout your site. 

2 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I am still getting the same error. 

Maybe refresh the chat page? The error stems from the original address I posted that started with https:// . Without this part, it now works for me.

Thanks for the tip about the font. Any suggestions?

Just now, Eric10 said:
6 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I am still getting the same error. 

Maybe refresh the chat page? The error stems from the original address I posted that started with https:// . Without this part, it now works for me.

Thanks for the tip about the font. Any suggestions?

The link works now.  (thumbsu

Can't go wrong with good ol' Helvetica.

Other choices: 

• Montserrat
  • Open Sans
  • Josefin Sans

32 minutes ago, Eric10 said:

I've decided to start downsizing my comic digest collection, but am not in a hurry. So I decided to create a website: http://bronzeagecomicdigests.weebly.com and see what happens. No DC digests, but plenty of Archie, Gold Key, Dennis the Menace, etc. -- books that are typically hard to find in high grade. And I have hundreds of them.

Anyway, if you're into digests, this is an excellent source for higher grade books - especially those published between 1968 and 1987. I'm not often on the forums, but I can be reached via email at eroussin@rogers.com .

Why no DC?  Given my digest collection is exclusively DC, I'm taking it a tad personally :cry:

Edited by MAR1979

5 minutes ago, MAR1979 said:

Why no DC?  Given my digest collection is exclusively DC, I'm taking it a tad personally :cry:

I sold my entire high grade DC digest collection to "vane" (I think that's his name) a few years ago.

I grew up reading Archie digests, so have always had a fondness for them. I also found it to be a greater challenge to assemble high grade collections of the non-superhero digests.

Just now, Eric10 said:

I sold my entire high grade DC digest collection to "vane" (I think that's his name) a few years ago.

I grew up reading Archie digests, so have always had a fondness for them. I also found it to be a greater challenge to assemble high grade collections of the non-superhero digests.

Cool :) as I picked up the majority of Vanes collection. Still smarting over I was a few days late for the Best of DC #3 "Super Friends".

If possible PM me with list of any Digest you have available that is CGC graded.