• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM,....Trim.

81 posts in this topic

Big difference in someone posting that they almost stabbed their eye out, and making a comment/joke about trimming during the time that alot of collectors are uneasy/edge about whats going on in our hobby confused-smiley-013.gif

Whatever,...its this type of logic that justified people PM'ing the moderator for my posting an image of Soldiers goose-stepping.

I honestly dont know how anyone can make it through the day without a sense of humour.

You make it sound like Im making a joke about a HORRIFIC crime,..its freakin' comic books we are talking about.

Forget it Nikos,...you win.

KK

KK I am 100% behind you.

Some of the people on these boards are so sanctimonious its laughable.

I've forgotten more about the Industry than most of 'em will ever know.

I thought your joke was funny!

You're right its Comics, not life ending Tsunamis,Hurricanes,9-11s or Wars...

its in' COMIC BOOKS.

A sense of humour is what gets real people thru' the day, but some,not all, of the people here are not real.

Their main aim in life seems to be to diss other people who are'nt (and don't want to be ) in their silly little schoolyard cliques.

I think you hit a nerve because some of them may have been burned in the TRIM scandal....but these guys obviously could'nt detect it early enough, as they have'nt dealt with much trim before.Personally...

I can always smell trim a mile off...

Keep it real KK...and BTW Original Art is THE highest level of the hobby.

ApPreciate the sentiment,....

Went to UEA in Norwich,..love your country !

KK

I got a strike for posting a picture of Fascists Goose Stepping because people PM'ed the moderator.

I honestly am dumb-founded that everyone wants to censor me when I clearly just wanna be part of the community.

If you're honestly confused about why you got the strike, you should probably re-read the board rules, especially this part:

Inappropriate references (analogies, etc.) to significantly emotional topics such as Nazis, slavery, etc.. If you have to wonder whether someone with a personal involvement in the topic would find your comment strongly offensive, you probably shouldn't make it.

I read your post and in it you called the board members yokels, nazis, and dolts. And that was just one thread. Yet now you're playing the victim, as if nothing you have ever done has been offensive, insulting, or done with the intention to elicit negative responses. If you "just want to be part of the community," then perhaps you should consider eliminating the name-calling and provocation.

People get from this community what they give. If you spend your time insulting everyone, then be man enough to accept the consequences. If you would prefer not to be treated poorly, then stop treating others that way.

In my collecting days, I collected both comic books and original art. It was never an either/or decision for me. I got joy from both collections. Despite having divested myself of a lot of my collections, I still have some key pieces of OA and some comics that are sentimental favorites. Again, it's not either/or. They can coexist, and both can be a source of joy and pride. There isn't a collector on this board who is universally "right" when it comes to what they collect. They are "right" only for themselves. Respect that, and cut out the name-calling, and I'm sure you'll have far less trouble on the board.

-- Joanna

People get from this community what they give. If you spend your time insulting everyone, then be man enough to accept the consequences. If you would prefer not to be treated poorly, then stop treating others that way.

thumbsup2.gif

I got a strike for posting a picture of Fascists Goose Stepping because people PM'ed the moderator.

I honestly am dumb-founded that everyone wants to censor me when I clearly just wanna be part of the community.

If you're honestly confused about why you got the strike, you should probably re-read the board rules, especially this part:

Inappropriate references (analogies, etc.) to significantly emotional topics such as Nazis, slavery, etc.. If you have to wonder whether someone with a personal involvement in the topic would find your comment strongly offensive, you probably shouldn't make it.

I read your post and in it you called the board members yokels, nazis, and dolts. And that was just one thread. Yet now you're playing the victim, as if nothing you have ever done has been offensive, insulting, or done with the intention to elicit negative responses. If you "just want to be part of the community," then perhaps you should consider eliminating the name-calling and provocation.

In my collecting days, I collected both comic books and original art. It was never an either/or decision for me. I got joy from both collections. Despite having divested myself of a lot of my collections, I still have some key pieces of OA and some comics that are sentimental favorites. Again, it's not either/or. They can coexist, and both can be a source of joy and pride. There isn't a collector on this board who is universally "right" when it comes to what they collect. They are "right" only for themselves. Respect that, and cut out the name-calling, and I'm sure you'll have far less trouble on the board.

-- Joanna

WOW JOANNA,

Thats a really well thought out post and illustrates how differently men think than women. I appreciate your taking the time to address the issues 'from your perspective'. Ultimately, I disagree with the manner in which you established your arguments because it disgeniously brings you to your already formulated conclusioon(s). Namely, that Im playing the victim, that my behavior is suspect (which it is not - people like you just want to control me), and that I continue to 'Bash' comics while promoting OA. I believe you guys just hate MY PERSONALITY,..and that sucks for both of us as it makes it difficult to have a harmonious board. I am the one who is being attacked by at least 6 posters daily,...against little ole' me.

I am a 'strict constructionalist' in jurisprudential philosophical terms and it is clear to me you are not. Otherwise, you would see that I NEVER violated the 'board rules'. But Id rather not argue that point - as I believe the whole FLOUTING of 'Board Rules' (as if your the Mayor ) in my face is offensive, insulting and the basis upon which I received an unwarranted strike.

KK

PS - What do you think of this thread ? Kinda funny,...no ?

WOW JOANNA,

Thats a really well thought out post and illustrates how differently men think than women. I appreciate your taking the time to address the issues 'from your perspective'. Ultimately, I disagree with the manner in which you established your arguments because it disgeniously brings you to your already formulated conclusioon(s). Namely, that Im playing the victim, that my behavior is suspect (which it is not - people like you just want to control me), and that I continue to 'Bash' comics while promoting OA. I believe you guys just hate MY PERSONALITY,..and that sucks for both of us as it makes it difficult to have a harmonious board. I am the one who is being attacked by at least 6 posters daily,...against little ole' me.

In this thread and the other one about your strike, you did appear to be playing the role of victim. It's in the language you used, so if that was not your intent, then it was an honest mistake on my part.

As for controlling you, I have no such desire. I don't know you. But you appeared upset about getting a strike, and I thought you genuinely were interested as to why that probably happened. Others have gotten strikes for inappropriately using Nazi imagery and language (i.e. not connected with comic books, WWII covers, storylines, etc., but rather as a descriptor for present-day individuals or groups here on the forums), so you are not alone. It occured to me that you may not have read the board guidelines thoroughly, and that's why you were confused. Again, if I was incorrect, I apologize. You asked, I answered. No disrespect was intended.

I am a 'strict constructionalist' in jurisprudential philosophical terms and it is clear to me you are not. Otherwise, you would see that I NEVER violated the 'board rules'. But Id rather not argue that point - as I believe the whole FLOUTING of 'Board Rules' in my face is offensive and insulting.

Just so that I understand, you feel that name-calling and Nazi imagery are inoffensive, but doing a copy and paste of this site's guidelines and rules is "offensive and insulting"? That tells me a lot. I hereby promise never to step in again if you're in a dispute or have any questions. My intent was to be helpful, but you don't see it that way, and that is your right.

As someone who has worked as a professional comedy writer and who now teaches an online class in comedy that is in 953 colleges, I would not give you high marks for this one. There was no well-formed satire, you didn't read your audience correctly, and it lacked wit. Could a funny trimming thread be made? Absolutely. But it would take more cleverness than you expended here. That's just my opinion. Others may disagree. Comedy, after all, is all about individual taste. No joke is funny to everyone.

-- Joanna

WOW JOANNA,

In this thread and the other one about your strike, you did appear to be playing the role of victim. It's in the language you used, so if that was not your intent, then it was an honest mistake on my part.

As for controlling you, I have no such desire. I don't know you. But you appeared upset about getting a strike, and I thought you genuinely were interested as to why that probably happened. Others have gotten strikes for inappropriately using Nazi imagery and language (i.e. not connected with comic books, WWII covers, storylines, etc., but rather as a descriptor for present-day individuals or groups here on the forums), so you are not alone. It occured to me that you may not have read the board guidelines thoroughly, and that's why you were confused. Again, if I was incorrect, I apologize. You asked, I answered. No disrespect was intended.

I am a 'strict constructionalist' in jurisprudential philosophical terms and it is clear to me you are not. Otherwise, you would see that I NEVER violated the 'board rules'. But Id rather not argue that point - as I believe the whole FLOUTING of 'Board Rules' in my face is offensive and insulting.

Just so that I understand, you feel that name-calling and Nazi imagery are inoffensive, but doing a copy and paste of this site's guidelines and rules is "offensive and insulting"? That tells me a lot. I hereby promise never to step in again if you're in a dispute or have any questions. My intent was to be helpful, but you don't see it that way, and that is your right.

As someone who has worked as a professional comedy writer and who now teaches an online class in comedy that is in 953 colleges, I would not give you high marks for this one. There was no well-formed satire, you didn't read your audience correctly, and it lacked wit. Could a funny trimming thread be made? Absolutely. But it would take more cleverness than you expended here. That's just my opinion. Others may disagree. Comedy, after all, is all about individual taste. No joke is funny to everyone.

-- Joanna

Jo,

I dont think you 'get' the thread.

Tell me what its about ? ? ?,...I wanna hear it from your own lips (no pun intended).

I wanna hear WHERE I deviated from being clever & failied to recognize my audience.

KK

I am a 'strict constructionalist' in jurisprudential philosophical terms and it is clear to me you are not. Otherwise, you would see that I NEVER violated the 'board rules'.

Then why are you sending harassing PMs to other board members insulting them and their families ?

Tell me what its about ? ? ?,...I wanna hear it from your own lips (no pun intended).

I wanna hear WHERE I deviated from being clever & failied to recognize my audience.

KK

You've already told me that you don't respect my opinions. You can't have it both ways.

Honestly, I have no desire to fight with you. Your posting style reminds me of Hammer, and that means either you're him, and I have nothing to say to him, or you're some stranger I don't know.

Enjoy your time on the boards. Be whomever you want to be. I won't interfere.

-- Joanna

Jo,

KK

I never saw the NAZI image you posted But you shoud get a strike for this!! just plain offensive!