• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroe's Inc. Presents Cannon "lot" on Heritage

17 posts in this topic

I think the only reason that Heritage are trying to shift 70,000 copies of this book is because everyone is aware that it's a lame duck, and has been for a decade at least. Mike Carbonaro must've lobbed a couple of dozen copies at me as deal sweeteners over the years, and they're still sitting there in an unmarked box, unread, unloved and unsold.

Although it is a pretty good read. Can't see who'd want that many copies of it, though.

"Lame duck" in what respect (just a bit confused since you say it is a good read...)? Because the characters never appeared elsewhere?

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Only in the sense that it's a very common book that has no monetary value. Artistically and aesthetically it's great - a tour de force from Wood and Ditko.

Cannon was a newspaper strip character that rarely made the crossover into the comic book medium, so yes, the characters never appeared in other comics, making this a lone title.

It's a great read and nice art. I received a NM copy free from somewhere I ordered books from a couple years ago. I thought it was a great comic.

But I wouldn't want 70,000 of them. tongue.gif

And point well taken -- the overstreet value should be about .01 right now. If that much.

Some guy in Colorado was giving away free raw (VF/NM) copies of that book to anyone who bid on his auction for a slabbed copy of that issue a few years ago, even if you bid $0.01. I put in a very low bid and got a few free copies. I thought that was a nice gesture on the part of the seller.

I just bid 10 bucks on this lot because I am local and can pick them up in person. but I got outbid the next bid is 14 buck I don't know if I want to sepend that kind of money on 70,000 books that I will be selling for .10 to .25 cents a piece aswell as giving some away to my loyal customers.

I just bid 10 bucks on this lot because I am local and can pick them up in person. but I got outbid the next bid is 14 buck I don't know if I want to sepend that kind of money on 70,000 books that I will be selling for .10 to .25 cents a piece aswell as giving some away to my loyal customers.

I'm sure they make great packing material as well. gossip.gif

You have space for 70,000 comics without renting a storage facility?! 893whatthe.gif

It would be funny if you had actually won the auction but it turned out that the books were not located in Dallas or Heritage refused to let you pick them up. poke2.gifstooges.gif

It's gonna be a cold winter in Chicago. I could use some kindling 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

stooges.gifhi.gif

You have space for 70,000 comics without renting a storage facility?! 893whatthe.gif

No [embarrassing lack of self control]. 70,000 comics is a PRINT RUN. That's a LOT of comics.

for a while there carbonaro gave a NM copy away at the door to everyone who went to his shows, which ought to give you a sense of how many there are out there. i'm really happy i never bought one, even when i'd see them in dollar bins at shows.

with this auction up it's pretty clear that this is perhaps the most common silver age comic book, particularly in high grade, on the planet. that might even extend to bronze age too, although stuff like alpha flight #1 and new mutants #1, if you consider those bronze,

what anyone would do with 70,000 copies, i don't know. perhaps some twisted insurance fraud scheme after they catch on fire? it's not like you can corner the market because there are plenty of them out there already.

what anyone would do with 70,000 copies, i don't know. .... it's not like you can corner the market because there are plenty of them out there already.

Right, and the Cannon/Dragonella market already seems sufficiently saturated without these 70,000 copies. tongue.gif