• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CCS and Spine Roll Removal?

9 posts in this topic

I was fortunate to pickup a nice copy of ST 110, with a moderate spine roll (see photos). I'm a noob when it comes to pressing spine rolls out and really don't want to risk anything on the book.

Would CCS be able to remove it or should I search for someone else? Or, would it not affect grade much on the book in your opinion. Thanks for any help in advance! 

20210705_140644.jpg

20210705_140806.jpg

Edited by Rhymenoceros

15 minutes ago, Topnotchman said:

Yes this can be improved with proper pressing, tweaking of the spine, and it should garner a grade bump also.  

I was thinking it could, but I appreciate the varied opinions. Do you think CCS can accomplish this? I don't know how much "tweaking of the spine" they offer. I'll likely need to give them a call but curious if anyone on the boards has had them do this. I know there are other pressers out there as well. Just a little nervous on a book this big (big for me anyway :))

32 minutes ago, Rhymenoceros said:

I was thinking it could, but I appreciate the varied opinions. Do you think CCS can accomplish this? I don't know how much "tweaking of the spine" they offer. I'll likely need to give them a call but curious if anyone on the boards has had them do this. I know there are other pressers out there as well. Just a little nervous on a book this big (big for me anyway :))

Do your research.

15 minutes ago, joeypost said:

Do your research.

Hi Joey, I've heard your name come up many times but I don't think we've had the pleasure of doing business. Hope you had a great holiday weekend. Yes, I'm in the process of doing just that. I always appreciate how helpful the boards are, and I try to be helpful when someone has a question I can help answer. 

I had an X-Men 1 with a similar problem way back when, and Matt Nelson, circa pre-CCS, did an outstanding job correcting it.  Post-CCS, without him being involved anymore...I think I'd find a well regarded third party presser and use them instead.