• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's REBEL MOON PART ONE: A CHILD OF FIRE direct by Zack Snyder (2023)
4 4

241 posts in this topic

Rebel Moon Part 2??!!

California gives out $330 million a year — upped to $420 million in 2022 and 2023 — in credits to keep film jobs from fleeing to other states and countries. Gov. Gavin Newsom recently vowed to extend the program through 2030. Assuming that extension bill passes, projects that receive the credit will soon have to submit a diversity plan, showing how they intend to make their workforce reflect California’s demographics.

“Rebel Moon: Part 2,” Netflix Productions Inc., $16,618,000

”California gives out $330 million a year — upped to $420 million in 2022 and 2023 — in credits to keep film jobs from fleeing to other states and countries. Gov. Gavin Newsom recently vowed to extend the program through 2030. Assuming that extension bill passes, projects that receive the credit will soon have to submit a diversity plan, showing how they intend to make their workforce reflect California’s demographics.”

What a joke. A diversity plan? That’s why more and more movies are being filmed in Georgia and other states.

Despite not finishing AotD, I'm starting to think that I will probably like this a lot. At least, I hope so. Visual aesthetic is so important in sci-fi today, and Snyder is one of the best at filming eye-candy. My #1 concern is how well it will be written, because he hasn't done a sci-fi film yet.