• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's REBEL MOON PART ONE: A CHILD OF FIRE direct by Zack Snyder (2023)
4 4

241 posts in this topic

FL-RebelMoon-7.thumb.jpg.76e3f848ad126bafb1838fa13bd7498f.jpg

Rebel Moon Lineup: Nemesis (Doona Bae), Bloodaxe (Ray Fisher), Tarak (Staz Nair), Gunnar (Michiel Huisman), Kora (Sofia Boutella), Kai (Charlie Hunnam) and Milius (E. Duffy), and General Titus (Djimon Hounsou.)

FL-RebelMoon-9.thumb.jpg.67890ff275e1bcc2d388740d9a0420c0.jpg

Kora (Sofia Boutella) and Gunnar (Michiel Huisman) in a rainstorm, work to find fighters to defend their moon from the Imperium.

FL-Rebel-Moon-BTS-2.thumb.jpg.3e84a0f3db680baeb8f4867f23f902c9.jpg

The trailer does not give much so far, but this looks like a re-imagined SW from the bits and pieces posted here. Farm kid turned saviour to beat the evil empire. It even has a death star type weapon.

On 6/6/2023 at 12:34 PM, kimik said:

The trailer does not give much so far, but this looks like a re-imagined SW from the bits and pieces posted here. Farm kid turned saviour to beat the evil empire. It even has a death star type weapon.

Yup. Those new photos so look like Star Wars.

:shiftyeyes:

On 6/6/2023 at 12:01 PM, Bosco685 said:

FL-RebelMoon-7.thumb.jpg.76e3f848ad126bafb1838fa13bd7498f.jpg

Rebel Moon Lineup: Nemesis (Doona Bae), Bloodaxe (Ray Fisher), Tarak (Staz Nair), Gunnar (Michiel Huisman), Kora (Sofia Boutella), Kai (Charlie Hunnam) and Milius (E. Duffy), and General Titus (Djimon Hounsou.)

FL-RebelMoon-9.thumb.jpg.67890ff275e1bcc2d388740d9a0420c0.jpg

Kora (Sofia Boutella) and Gunnar (Michiel Huisman) in a rainstorm, work to find fighters to defend their moon from the Imperium.

FL-Rebel-Moon-BTS-2.thumb.jpg.3e84a0f3db680baeb8f4867f23f902c9.jpg

Good to see Ray Fisher get some work, seems like WB (and other studios) blacklisted him after he called out Whedon and Hammada(sp?).

Zack Snyder is world-building once again with Rebel Moon. This time the 300 and Justice League filmmaker is creating not just one world but a sprawling menagerie of planets, full of cyborg warriors with molten-metal swords, giant half-humanoid arachnids, and ancient robots that seem to have emerged more from medieval times than the future. The new Netflix space saga that Snyder directed and cowrote extends far beyond the verdant orb of the title. That moon is actually one of the more modest worlds. It circles an immense gas giant at a distant edge of the galaxy and is populated mainly by farmers. It's nowhere special, but it’s about to change the balance of power in this fictional universe.

While any sci-fi extravaganza naturally features copious digital effects, Snyder also used his estimated budget of at least $166 million to manifest as much of it in real life as possible. In a Santa Clarita canyon just outside Los Angeles, a full-size abandoned starfighter decays not far from what appears to be an idyllic Scandinavian-style village, complete with clusters of homes, shops, and barns, as well as a stone bridge arching over a crystalline river. (Team Snyder also built the river.) Vast fields of actual wheat sprout from desert hardpan never meant for such lush growth, but Snyder insisted on real crops for his farmers to harvest and defend. Just over the rocky hillside sits another Rebel Moon set for a larger community known as Providence that looks like an Old West metropolis.  All of these are just locations on the moon of the title; there are other worlds beyond.

“I’m a glutton for punishment. I don’t know why I always make an ensemble movie. I can’t wait to not do that. But in the meantime, of course…I love it,” Snyder says. He feels that constructing his worlds in real life makes the otherworldly feel more immersive. “This movie was me going, ‘Of course it’s a space opera, but let’s not lens it that way. Let’s lens it in a more intimate way, so that the sci-fi elements feel more grounded.’ We’re not always saying, ‘Look at how big our spaceships are or how weird our planets look!’ That happens, but it happens as an organic part of the world you’re in. You’re there, and so the things you see on that journey are not forced upon you or spoon-fed to you.”

On 7/20/2023 at 8:41 PM, Bosco685 said:

I guess this will have action figures. Cool.

Iron Studios only does statues, not action figures. I hope they do figures, but it absolutely won't be from Iron Studios. 

On 7/20/2023 at 7:51 AM, Cat said:

Iron Studios only does statues, not action figures. I hope they do figures, but it absolutely won't be from Iron Studios. 

Thank you for the helpful details. It looks like another company will release the action figures.

Rebel_Moon01.thumb.jpg.1e98f5c27865be3ab21740ff291834ab.jpg

Rebel_Moon02.thumb.jpg.8200d7323aab3ccc8fb7e47fbdddb516.jpg