• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men #1 (1963) ...x2
2 2

9 posts in this topic

Hi all!

I am new to this forum, as well as new to being a CGC member.

I've been collecting comics (mostly vintage and first appearances) for the last 15 years or so, and the bulk of my comics are NOT graded.  I guess I'm old school and still like being able to physically hold issues.

I have some duplicates that I may sell soon and since I can't decide necessarily which are better, I may start getting things graded, so I can keep the better copy and sell the other.

Right now, I'll showcase my 2 copies of X-Men #1's.

They are both in relatively poor condition, but it's still a great comic to own any version of.  Especially once the famous mutants join the MCU.

Posted are the front & back of each comic as well as side by side comparison of the covers.

I'm unsure which copy is better, which is why I may send them both in to CGC (probably not at the same time, aha).

The biggest flaw on the left copy is the multiple pieces of tape (and the spine roll around), whilst the one on the right is more rough around the edges and spine (but the logo and stuff is much more clean).

Any feedback is welcomed.

Thanks,

-SD

^X-Men#1.JPG

X-Men#1_1a.JPG

X-Men#1_1b.JPG

X-Men#1_2a.JPG

X-Men#1_2b.JPG

57 minutes ago, Amazeron said:

:rulez:

1 book per post, 3 posts per day. 

It seemed silly to make 2 threads titled "X-Men #1" if one reason for wanting feedback was to have them compared side by side.  

But thank you thank you. I will remember that!

Please repost following PGM Guidelines, Helpful Hints and General Etiquette. You'll end up with a lot of good feedback on these comicbooks if they're shown on different posts.

☮️

On 7/12/2021 at 7:23 PM, SuperDave08 said:

It seemed silly to make 2 threads titled "X-Men #1" if one reason for wanting feedback was to have them compared side by side.  

But thank you thank you. I will remember that!

This is a silly place....