• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics Coming Back with New Defects?
2 2

116 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, toro said:

Nope, I had no pictures of the books before hand.  :tonofbricks:

:cry: :ohnoez: :pullhair: (tsk) >:( :censored:

Even if you provide good scans of your books that are basically flawless (9.6 & 9.8) to begin with, would CGC agree that the pictures you provided as proof are the same books that were sent in? Would they actually take the time to examine them all to make sure they match? That would be something a company that cared about their service would do and right now I don't think they give a hoot about their customers concerns.

2 hours ago, gregwynn said:

Corner crunch....Could of been done while in shipping.....how were the books packaged/shipped enroute to cgc? 

That was left to my local comic book shop owner who presumably does this all the time.

2 hours ago, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

Ugh. Most likely damaged in transit. Could it be the store you submitted them through did not package them carefully? 

So sorry.

At this point anything is possible.  Thanks.  I only know when I gave the comics to him that damage was not there; they were all pristine and pressed. 

28 minutes ago, jharvey said:

Looks like damage causing during shipping to CGC. I doubt this damage is CGC's fault.

Well there's a chance I might be able to figure that out because 40 books were shipped to CGC in one box by my local comic book shop owner but I CGC divided the order up.  I only got back the first 25 so far.  Perhaps if the rest of the comics coming back do not have damage it will point one way or the other to the responsible party.  

3 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I know this has been said a million times, but I guess it’s needs to be said again:

Always scan your books prior to submission 

Now I know.  But even so, would CGC accept the scan as proof? 

15 minutes ago, Tafkap said:

Thats what I mentioned above. When you have NM books in question with tough to see defects, if any, are they going to take the time to examine the pics you provide?

17 minutes ago, Tafkap said:

They should.  I already shared that in my case, they did.  The only other things you can do are pack them very, very well and minimize the number of people who handle your books.

2 hours ago, Buzz Cola said:

Best reason to get yourself a membership and send them in yourself. I've heard plenty of stories about people who assumed their LCS knew what they were doing.

Really?  Plenty of stories?  Maybe I will do the membership.  In the past I actually signed up for it myself but the wait to get their shipping supplies made me cancel and go back to the comic book store.  . 

1 hour ago, SeanYork said:

Isn't it CGC policy to not accept boxes damaged in shipping?  They do that so the sender can file the claim with the shipping company.

That's good to know.  

3 minutes ago, Buzz Cola said:

Why would you buy their shipping supplies? Double box it yourself and mail it in...

When you sign up for a new membership they send you a  packing supplies, comic bags and boards and package for up to 40 comics included.  

This same issue has been brought up by Instagram member: “TheManBehindTheRedHood”

Check his posts from May 5th 2021.

Exact same problem.

I took screenshots of one of the posts for everyone to see.

There are a few more that detail his situation.

Judge for yourself but I have over 10k worth of books at CGC right now and I’m scared to death that my books will suffer the same fate.

My prayers go out to the original poster & others who fall prey to the mishandling of their books.

A9BEDFEC-36FD-4FEB-998A-A66DA5B1448B.png