• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics Coming Back with New Defects?
2 2

116 posts in this topic

I just received a batch of 25 books I sent off back in March. 

About half of them seem to have a similar defect:  Crunched up on the top rear left corner. 

For the life of me, I think I would've noticed this before I sent them off?  Maybe, I'm mistaken but I don't think so.

Have you ever had comics come back with a similar defect that you were, almost certain, they didn't have before?

Thanks for any input.  

Update:  Just communicated with the Comic Shop Owner and showed him the pictures and there is 100% new damage on the majority of the books I got back today from CGC.  He pressed them and then we sent them off.  They all have the same damage:  Rear left corner; as if a box was dropped.

I am sooooooo upset and don't know what to do?

I waited almost 4 months to get these books!

These were books that should've been 9.6 and 9.8 and they've come back horribly like 8.5's.

What do I do?  

23 minutes ago, Tafkap said:

Update:  Just communicated with the Comic Shop Owner and showed him the pictures and there is 100% new damage on the majority of the books I got back today from CGC.  He pressed them and then we sent them off.  They all have the same damage:  Rear left corner; as if a box was dropped.

I am sooooooo upset and don't know what to do?

I waited almost 4 months to get these books!

These were books that should've been 9.6 and 9.8 and they've come back horribly like 8.5's.

What do I do?  

I'm at a loss, but at least you have an essence of what happened. If they all have the crimp like the box was dropped, then postal insurance and or then press and regrade, but that would take a lot of dough.

3 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Pictures?

This though, to see if it's even fixable maybe :wishluck:

:download:

53 minutes ago, Heronext said:

Always take scans or good pictures of your books before sending them off.  Came in handy for me once in a similar situation.

What happened in your situation? 

5 minutes ago, Heronext said:

I argued for a generous (on their part) monetary settlement, and got what I asked for.  I think it was all paid out as credit.

How did you "prove" your case?  Pictures taken before?

Something seems to be happening at CGC.  Another boardie shared with me pics of his submission of 4 books, 3 came back with similar damage.

10 minutes ago, kav said:

Something seems to be happening at CGC.  Another boardie shared with me pics of his submission of 4 books, 3 came back with similar damage.

What did he end up doing?

Just now, Tafkap said:

What did he end up doing?

He called them but I didnt hear the story after that.
I've heard multiples of these stories and it must be costing CGC money to replace books so I dont get why its still happening.

That happened to one of my orders once and asked them if the box was damaged and they said there wasn't any notes about a box being damaged.  I also had sent that order off bomb proof.  So basically it tells me they dropped it when they took it out of the box.  They also lost in that order my Green River certificate for one of the books.  I was not a happy camper.

6 minutes ago, toro said:

That happened to one of my orders once and asked them if the box was damaged and they said there wasn't any notes about a box being damaged.  I also had sent that order off bomb proof.  So basically it tells me they dropped it when they took it out of the box.  They also lost in that order my Green River certificate for one of the books.  I was not a happy camper.

What happened?  Did they try to make it right?