• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #1 - 1984 - Blue & White Galactus Printing Error Variant
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hi - Does any one know if 1st printings exist without this error?  Or do all 1st printings have this error?

I have multiple copies which I think are all 1st printings, because they either have a UPC code or white Spidey face on the cover box. 

I bought them over the years from different places and all of mine have this error.  Which I thought was a coincidence. Because you would think such a random  mix would have some of each.

It's my understanding the error was corrected on 2nd printings.  I don't know because I do not seem to have a second print.

It looks like the error is being promoted to get a higher price for sales.  But if all 1st printings have this error, then it's not so unusual and maybe the error version is the norm?

Thank you for any insight.  

13 hours ago, JazzMan said:

It doesn't show up in the recalled/error comics.  Maybe I missed it.

https://recalledcomics.com/ErrorRumouredRecalledComics.php

It's on the list there: https://recalledcomics.com/SecretWars1BlueGalactus.php

========================

I don't know if there were any that were printed properly at all, so hard to put any special value on it.  The colors on those pages are definitely wrong, and I have never seen them different than that, but might be something out there. 

Could be a coloring assignment error, or that wrap missed a color pass.