• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found old comics and one is missing all yellow from the cover

3 posts in this topic

I'm 37 and I haven't touched my old comics my uncle gave me when I was a kid. They been in a box then a dresser drawer for about at min 25 years. My uncle had walls of boxed sleeved comics which he gave me all duplicates of certain series he didn't care for. Moon Knight, Moon Knight Fist of khonshu, The Thing, Defender and New Defender. Going through these I founf 2 versions of the same Moon Knight Fist of Kohnshu One of which the yellow is off by about 1/16 of an inch followed by the otehr with zero Yellow on the cover. Every other color is there the blue is the same but no greens or yellows. Has anyone ever heard of this I can find zero info about it thanks. 

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  Unfortunately, we could not make any determinations about your book without our graders examining it.  If you are interested in submitting your book for grading, you can find more information on our website here: How to Submit | CGC (cgccomics.com)

Thank you!

On 7/11/2021 at 12:56 PM, CorndogLover said:

I'm 37 and I haven't touched my old comics my uncle gave me when I was a kid. They been in a box then a dresser drawer for about at min 25 years. My uncle had walls of boxed sleeved comics which he gave me all duplicates of certain series he didn't care for. Moon Knight, Moon Knight Fist of khonshu, The Thing, Defender and New Defender. Going through these I founf 2 versions of the same Moon Knight Fist of Kohnshu One of which the yellow is off by about 1/16 of an inch followed by the otehr with zero Yellow on the cover. Every other color is there the blue is the same but no greens or yellows. Has anyone ever heard of this I can find zero info about it thanks. 

Sounds like a printing defect, but it's hard to say for certain without seeing pictures of the books.  Sometimes the printer runs low on certain colors; sounds like some copies of that book escaped the printer after the yellow had run out.