• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay tax. Whats the deal

8 posts in this topic

Just bought a book for a good chunk of change and just assumed I'd be paying a few hundred in tax since I live in NY. Went to checkout and only charge was for the book. This is the second time this week this has occurred. Is it just a glitch or some tax loophole I'm not aware of that's being used. Mind you, not complaining but curious just the same

I wish I was that lucky but

The only thing I can add is 

Used to, when buying from New York on sites, I was never "charged sales tax" even though I was buying from New York while in Texas

Example Dave and Adams.... Few others too :foryou:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I wish I was that lucky but

The only thing I can add is 

Used to, when buying from New York on sites, I was never "charged sales tax" even though I was buying from New York while in Texas

Example Dave and Adams.... Few others too :foryou:

appreciate the feedback. Problem is that I've generally been charged sales tax all along since eBay implemented that lovely process. Just curious but I'm content to let it slide this time (thumbsu