• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2003 Overstreet Price Guide in comic shops Wednesday...

58 posts in this topic

Its sold at comic stores at the same time or maybe a week or so later. It has no ads or articles. Just the prices 2 columns per page in much bogger type for us old guys! another advantage, but not a real replacement for the guide because of what it omits.

Dare I suggest that its may be a good idea to buy both... that's what I did last year and will do again this year.

The BIG BIG version is great when referencing prices for all sorts of activity

Hands Free.. Easy-to-See and room to make notations or highlight. Very useful when you are working on multiple issues in a title.

and the smaller/traditional version has its advantages too... great to take out with you to see collections or to a convention or for quicker referencing of single issue pricing.

Is there a discount offered for buying both versions in one order?

I did, this is what it said:

Shipping This Week: April 16

The following products are expected to ship to comic book

specialty stores this week. Note that this list is tentative

and subject to change. Please check with your retailer for

availability.

{snip}

DEC022723 OVERSTREET COMIC BOOK PRICE GD VOL 33 ALL STAR #8 HC $32.00

DEC022724 OVERSTREET COMIC BOOK PRICE GD VOL 33 ALL STAR #8 SC $25.00

DEC022725 OVERSTREET COMIC BOOK PRICE GD VOL 33 MARVEL COMICS #1 HC $32.00

DEC022726 OVERSTREET COMIC BOOK PRICE GD VOL 33 MARVEL COMICS #1 SC $25.00

Is one of these the Big Big Guide? To me it just looks like the alternate covers for the same books (HC and SC versions).

Tom, thanks for the list, but at the top it says "tentative" and "subject to change." However, with Metropolis saying it's already out I am thinking there's a better than a 50/50 chance it'll be there - for some of the dealers.

But I still won't hold my breath. smirk.gif

I think last year the printer messed up and the books were very late. If actual printed books are being shipped to dealers, theres a good chance the stores will have them on time, since they are ready to go. Someone at Diamond/Gemstone reading this could tell us....and end the speculation.