• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does CGC really give priority by tiers? Doesn't look that way to me.
2 2

235 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

NWO said it in another thread, people have to  stop submitting books that have no business being graded.  But that’s not going to happen, so suck it up and be prepared to wait or pay the premium for fast track.

moi?

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:
20 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I think the issue (with hiring) is that who in their right mind would want to move to Sarasota Florida

I think I am putting my plans together to leave NY in 3,274 more days. 

Florida is on the list. 

Invest in central air and flood insurance. And watch out for those roving shuffleboard gangs. I hear they are rough. Oh yeah, and avoid Twopennies

Edited by Jeffro.

22 minutes ago, Stealth Bomber said:
30 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I think the issue (with hiring) is that who in their right mind would want to move to Sarasota Florida

Would New Jersey be any better?

As you well know, some parts of Jersey are very nice and some parts should be raised via bombing from orbit 

54 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Is this meant to be a political statement? (tsk)

Have you seen Sarasota? It's pretty nice.

8 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Is this meant to be a political statement? (tsk)

Have you seen Sarasota? It's pretty nice.

It's oppressively hot in June and July... and August... 

I went to Disney in July of 2018.  My lord.   Most everyone that stays there year round stays inside those three months it seems.   I stepped outside and melted.  

And let's talk about Palmetto Bugs.  

Dear Florida, 

You can call it anything you want.  It's still a cockroach and the only time we see them up north at that size are in abandoned crack houses in the Bronx and certain areas of Long Island.

Sincerely, 

New York  

Giant-palmetto-bug-300x214.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

48 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

Invest in central air and flood insurance. And watch out for those roving shuffleboard gangs. I hear they are rough. Oh yeah, and avoid Twopennies

I have central air up here.  It was a must.   Flood insurance is required even here for certain parts of LI. 

But... to be fair... most, if not all of my comics are up for sale sometime after 3,274 days + ten months. 

3 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

Yeah, this   ....... :flipbait:...... is a big consideration that many (seems that way to me) CBCS fans (many of whom are also rabid CGC haters) fail to consider. Personally, I don't care what company anyone uses  and for whatever reasons but it seems pretty clear that CGC slabs, in general, realize a higher return. That's not important to some but for those that it is, you simply can't say "submit to CBCS instead." That won't work for them.

First of all just want to say I’m really glad this thread is up to 10 pages now.

But did want to chime in on the “just go to the competition”. Funny thing is even if you’re willing to take the hit on ROI as you all stated they do the same thing OP is complaining about. I’m not going to link the competitor but you can find it yourselves… they have a Modern and Expanded tier and break them down by pre and post 1975 just like CGC with the expanded tier being more expensive and currently 2 weeks behind Modern. Almost as if what CGC is doing isn’t that crazy of an idea?

1 hour ago, Stealth Bomber said:

Would New Jersey be any better?

1 hour ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Sarasota is really nice. (shrug)

Plus you are close to Disneyworld, and super close to Tampa (new sports title town) & St Pete!

It’s a dump to me and I’d never live there along with many other parts of the USA 

New Jersey is a bigger dump 

(shrug)

38 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

First of all just want to say I’m really glad this thread is up to 10 pages now.

But did want to chime in on the “just go to the competition”. Funny thing is even if you’re willing to take the hit on ROI as you all stated they do the same thing OP is complaining about. I’m not going to link the competitor but you can find it yourselves… they have a Modern and Expanded tier and break them down by pre and post 1975 just like CGC with the expanded tier being more expensive and currently 2 weeks behind Modern. Almost as if what CGC is doing isn’t that crazy of an idea?

The problem could be that CGC is still using old ideas from the guy who is the competition.  New leadership might bring new ideas.

41 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

It's oppressively hot in June and July... and August... 

I went to Disney in July of 2018.  My lord.   Most everyone that stays there year round stays inside those three months it seems.   I stepped outside and melted.  

Ah, OK.

I didn't factor that in as the heat and humidity has never really bothered me. I've spent a lot of time in Chicago (where jsilverjanet is from) and like Toronto, because they're on the water they're so hot and humid some days in the summer that you can cut the air with a knife.

I've spent a lot of time in Florida and have never disliked it.

I like Chicago too but it's only really nice in the touristy spots. You wouldn't catch me dead walking the streets out of the shiny and bright areas.

As far as bugs, any place with heat has it's vermin and insects. You go to the desert and you have to watch for scorpions and snakes rather than bugs.

1 minute ago, Stealth Bomber said:

Are you and Matt dating? Not that there's anything with that.

Back again!  LoL!  I like your persistence.  Can I hire you to deal with my mole/vole problem out back?

27 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

It’s a dump to me and I’d never live there along with many other parts of the USA 

New Jersey is a bigger dump 

(shrug)

Where do you live now?

4 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Chicago and by no means do I think this place is paradise 

I love Chicago!

Except....

Spoiler

Your Mayor needs to go!  IMO

Edited by NewWorldOrder

2 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

I love Chicago!

Except....

Hide contents

Your Mayor needs to go!  IMO

I love the city. The people not so much. Big City, Small people. 
winters have gotten harder as I’ve gotten older.