• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please Delete
3 3

15 posts in this topic

I am leaning towards a 3.0.  While a press would help in the appearance for sure - those water stains are going to likely keep it in a 3.0 grade IMO.  Also this is a somewhat faded cover, which will also get u a ding in the grade.  If the staples have rust, which I cannot tell, then for sure 3.0 and not higher.  Regardless it looks solid even with the stains so far as no tears, no chunks out and no pieces missing - def. not a 1.8 or 2.0 as the guy ahead of me stated (my opinion) :preach:   - actually I looked at the book again (I saw the eBay listing) and I might give this book a lean down to a 2.5 - so perhaps the guy before me and I are not too far apart.

Edited by Roger66

14 hours ago, Joshua33 said:

A solid press garners a 3.5 to 4.0 imo. Nice book! Congrats.

You know that was my initial quick reaction but there are a bunch of low grade CGC copies on eBay now.. and some look fairly nice.  Compare those to this. I know you cannot see the interior in a CGC case but it did color my grade call.  I don't see this ever hitting a 3.5. :preach: