• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wild.c.a.t.s coming to DC?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

It can't be worse than the last reboot with Grant Morrison and Jim Lee, that one lasted a whole issue. It also can't be worse reading than the original Lee issues. I bought the Absolute as a Lee fan, and tried to read it for the first time since it came out (even then I'd only read bits and pieces) and yeesh, I couldn't get through it, I couldn't even force myself to finish it. It's bad. And keep in mind I made myself do a Youngblood read-through and managed to complete that. 

Hopefully it takes inspiration from Alan Moore's run. Haven't reread that in some years, but I'm going to assume that that material holds up. 

5 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

It can't be worse than the last reboot with Grant Morrison and Jim Lee, that one lasted a whole issue. It also can't be worse reading than the original Lee issues. I bought the Absolute as a Lee fan, and tried to read it for the first time since it came out (even then I'd only read bits and pieces) and yeesh, I couldn't get through it, I couldn't even force myself to finish it. It's bad. And keep in mind I made myself do a Youngblood read-through and managed to complete that. 

Hopefully it takes inspiration from Alan Moore's run. Haven't reread that in some years, but I'm going to assume that that material holds up. 

I just read the Moore run a few weeks ago. It's certainly not the greatest work he's ever written but it was totally readable and fairly entertaining considering the weak source material. 

With that said I recall the Voodoo mini series he wrote being total garbage, though I read that back when it first came out so it's been a while. 

4 hours ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Wonder if they will hire Liefeld hm

Pretty sure he's still mad at DC, so I doubt it. 

8 hours ago, djzombi said:

Bring back Travis Charest, please.  

He started on the book right as James Robinson started writing it (#15), which was more readable (and better to look at) than any of the rest of them and then..

He was also the artist when they rebooted it for DC/Wildstorm with Scott Lobdell writing it. Again, much more readable for that and certainly better to look at.

Travs is awesome.