• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JLA #119 .........

50 posts in this topic

Power Girl does not "fit" simply because:

(1) the computer screen the Manhunter was looking at would have displayed POWER GIRL if she had beamed up in the transporter. Power Girl was a member of the JLA for many years during it's "International" phase.

and

(2) After J'onn sees the screen image verifying Superman has arrived, he turns around and recognizes the person that transports in as SUPERMAN! Then as he looks a little closer he realizes that there's something not exactly right and this is not the person he knows. I would think the fact that Power Girl is a woman would prevent confusion.

why? they alwqys had the hots for each other. Was Catwoman in JLA 166-168? No right? So when could Zatanna have zapped her?

Oh, and in what issue of JLA did Dr. Light rape Sue Dibny? In what issue did they mindwipe Batman?

Answer is none - all of that was retroactively implanted into DC's continuity in Identity Crisis.

This is the problem, according to this logic, what we "saw" in the published comics isn't everything that happened. Everything is in doubt, Batman has his mind screwed with... he doesn't trust anyone. He can't even trust that Catwoman's feelings are genuine. She was a member of the Society and a vicious foe (even with their obvious attraction for one another), then suddenly she repented? After learning of the mindwipes Batman smells a rat, not a cat.

I haven't been reading this arc, but are GA, Canary, Hawkman, Ze considered part of the JLA now, or because they have been in the past they are now. The reason I ask is because Batman seems pretty upset at the JLA because of the mindswipe, but the guys who did it are no longer part of the current JLA, and the ones who were against the mindsipe are the current members. I would think Batman would be upset at the individual members, not the current JLA. I know it makes for great drama, the current JLA does not resemble the one that did this. confused-smiley-013.gif

I read a preview copy of JLA 120 that DC had at their booth in Boston last weekend and it looks like that issue deals with the whole "past JLA/current JLA" problem that you just brought up. Why does Batman have a problem with the current JLA when none of the people that mindwiped him are part of the JLA at this time? Check out the issue, but I think it has something to do with abuse of power and the tainting of the entire organization. Bats just can't back up something he doesn't believe in any more. It's like trying to deal with a partner after finding out they've been cheating on you.

From what I have read, JLA will be taking a slightly different turn in the coming months, as Green Arrow, John Stewart, and Black Canary try to rebuild a team.

I'd really like to see Red Tornado stick around and join. But I don't think that's the plan.

I read a preview copy of JLA 120 that DC had at their booth in Boston last weekend and it looks like that issue deals with the whole "past JLA/current JLA" problem that you just brought up. Why does Batman have a problem with the current JLA when none of the people that mindwiped him are part of the JLA at this time? Check out the issue, but I think it has something to do with abuse of power and the tainting of the entire organization. Bats just can't back up something he doesn't believe in any more. It's like trying to deal with a partner after finding out they've been cheating on you.

I am glad they are going to cover it, but it still seems like forced drama. He did have protocols on the JLA so it seems kind of disengenuos of him to be mad at the JLA when the current lineup didn't have anything to do with it. I understand Batman being angry, I just don't think the direction they are going with it makes sense. Batman is a rational thinker and this path of his is not rational.

I understand Batman being angry, I just don't think the direction they are going with it makes sense. Batman is a rational thinker and this path of his is not rational.

Maybe there's a point to that.

I understand Batman being angry, I just don't think the direction they are going with it makes sense. Batman is a rational thinker and this path of his is not rational.

But the question is did the JLA make a rational decision on wiping Batman's memory? A rational thinker could be very upset if his teams made an irrational decision ..............

But the question is did the JLA make a rational decision on wiping Batman's memory? A rational thinker could be very upset if his teams made an irrational decision ..............

But it's irrational to blame the current JLA when they had nothing to do with the mindwipe. The anger is rational, just who it's towards is not. The members who did the mindwipe are no longer members of the JLA. Batman is getting mad at the JLA as if it happened recently with current members.A rational thinking person would be angry at those individuals, not the JLA as a whole.

Well, I've heard a rumor about what Batman will be doing after Infinite Crisis, and him acting irrationally would fit that rumor. I believe someone posted it here before, but here it is again.

Rumor Spoiler (highlight):

Batman will be in Arkham Asylum

Mark Waid has also said the dark and grim days are over. The superheroes will be about fun. Batman will not longer be a "" after the crisis.

Oh that's just gay. I don't want to see Batman having fun while fighting crime.

Well, I've heard a rumor about what Batman will be doing after Infinite Crisis, and him acting irrationally would fit that rumor. I believe someone posted it here before, but here it is again.

Rumor Spoiler (highlight):

Batman will be in Arkham Asylum

Yuck, they already did that once before in the 90s (in Shadow of the Bat), and it was dumb then.

Mark Waid has also said the dark and grim days are over. The superheroes will be about fun. Batman will not longer be a "" after the crisis.

Oh that's just gay. I don't want to see Batman having fun while fighting crime.

I don't think it's going to be SA fun, just not as grim and dark. They are going to take the corks out of the heroes.

Power Girl does not "fit" simply because:

(1) the computer screen the Manhunter was looking at would have displayed POWER GIRL if she had beamed up in the transporter. Power Girl was a member of the JLA for many years during it's "International" phase.

and

(2) After J'onn sees the screen image verifying Superman has arrived, he turns around and recognizes the person that transports in as SUPERMAN! Then as he looks a little closer he realizes that there's something not exactly right and this is not the person he knows. I would think the fact that Power Girl is a woman would prevent confusion.

hold on!! Its Bizarro SUperman!!

and come to think of it, in all these years of Bizarro Superboy, Bizarro Supergirl, Jimmy, Lois, etc, there has never been a Bizarro JLA!!! Its perfect!

Since it looks like the multiverse is coming back with a vengenace, I say the mystery man is a formerly "dead" alternate Supes.

..What if the current Superman isn't this earth's Superman at all?...maybe when Doomsday killed him some otherdimensional Supes replaced him and the real Supes is coming back pizzed.....