• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can't remember what the train track type marks/impressions on a comic book are called
1 1

14 posts in this topic

It's the horizontal train track looking surface impressions that are on some comic covers, especially the older books.

I can't for the life of me remember what those marks are called. I think they are from when they bound the comics together for shipping, but could be from the printing process itself.

I looked through my Overstreet grading guide and can't find the term.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by alecholland

1 hour ago, alecholland said:

It's the horizontal train track looking surface impressions that are on some comic covers, especially the older books.

I can't for the life of me remember what those marks are called. I think they are from when they bound the comics together for shipping, but could be from the printing process itself.

I looked through my Overstreet grading guide and can't find the term.

Any help would be appreciated.

pics will help.

21 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Actually they were called greggy nutsack creases forever.

thats what she said.

dang this whole time I thought the books that had those were just the unfortunate top copy on the bundles bound with twine or rubber bands when they were delivered to newsstands.  I can see a roller gripper being more of the culprit as there were usually 2 horizontal tracks.  One near the top and one near the bottom of the covers.