• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Am I being ripped off? I'm selling raw silver age keys to a buyer and I always end up getting half of what the graded version would be!
1 1

30 posts in this topic

On 7/20/2021 at 5:16 PM, Count D. Monet said:
On 7/20/2021 at 5:07 PM, Bob Troub said:
On 7/20/2021 at 1:11 PM, Count D. Monet said:

This guy sounds like a real scumbag. Why do you sell to him instead of MyComicShop or selling yourself on Ebay?

Wait a minute, is someone holding a guns to the sellers head? 

Why you quoting me? You don't think people that lie about CGC, lie about the market, lie about grading, and lie about their profits to a Newb aren't scumbags?

:troll:

On 7/20/2021 at 3:32 PM, Count D. Monet said:

The latter is, yes.

Heritage once indicated to me that they get preferential rates from CGC, and they sure seem like they have gotten some incredibly promising results out of CGC, so I've wondered if CGC actually states in writing that submissions are treated anonymously.  Can you point me to the statement by CGC on that?  Thanks!

On 7/17/2021 at 8:51 PM, Comics4Cash said:

This is the best I can remember what he said, it didn't make much sense to me at the time, if they are that bad why would people even use them? Is this guy full of it? Am I being ripped off?

"Sometimes it seems to me...as if I'm just being used..."   

On 7/26/2021 at 10:50 PM, Albert Thurgood said:

This is the best advice for the OP, imho.

OP can also get an idea of grade of individual books by posting in the "Buddy, spare me a grade" thread

I personally think it is horrible advice. I'd rather not have every newbie with a few books show up and start selling. One of the nice things about buying and selling here is that the sense of community serves as  an invisible umpire. 

Edited by shadroch

On 7/27/2021 at 10:05 AM, shadroch said:

I personally think it is horrible advice. I'd rather not have every newbie with a few books show up and start selling. One of the nice things about buying and selling here is that the sense of community serves as  an invisible umpire. 

You just don't want your cool books to have competition. >:(