• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #3 production quality question

5 posts in this topic

I have a post in Gold about a Batman 3 that I'm concerned about being trimmed, thought this forum might be able to help. thanks

Please tell me it's a raw book. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I have a post in Gold about a Batman 3 that I'm concerned about being trimmed, thought this forum might be able to help. thanks

Please tell me it's a raw book. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

foreheadslap.gif It's spreading like the plague.

What makes you think that book is trimmed?

What makes you think that book is trimmed?

As I note in the GA section, it's probably paranoia, just that the width is less than a same-time Action. With the way the book is folded, it's probably just prodcution variability. It had been stored untouched for at least 40 years, with a stack of other books/paper, so there seems to be no incentive for it to have ever been trimmed. The trim would have been performed at a severe angle with the pages, which is not likely.

A while ago, I had similar concenrs with a bunch of Crime Does Not Pay issues, and it turned out it was just variability in the printing/cutting process, not trimming. I haven't seen and carefully examined enough raw GA in my life to know how they can vary, especially when half of the GA I buy is slabbed.