• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rapidly Rising Amazing Spider-Man Issues
2 2

61 posts in this topic

On 7/20/2021 at 5:11 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

0FBB9258-FA90-4044-A1BD-4A24FA544697.jpeg

I am battling Canadians today I see!

Reminds me of the first time I went to visit my relatives in Toronto.  I asked why do you buy your milk in a plastic bag, and this so-called Canadian bacon tastes like ham.  Ever since then it's been a battle lol 

On 7/20/2021 at 8:15 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I am battling Canadians today I see!

Reminds me of the first time I went to visit my relatives in Toronto.  I asked why do you buy your milk in a plastic bag, and this so-called Canadian bacon tastes like ham.  Ever since then it's been a battle lol 

I think you’re battling your own delusions of grandeur....:baiting:

On 7/20/2021 at 4:52 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

All your questions are like you just awoke from being asleep since March 2020, and are wondering why everyone is wearing masks and asking why the word Corona isn't still a term to best describe sitting on a beach with a drink in Mexico.

Also did you know Marvel was bought out by Disney? Oh and Sony allows them to use these ASM characters in their Marvel films sometimes?  Oh there is also a lot of new Spider-Man movies coming out over the next couple fo years.  I guess that has something to do with it. :idea:

When you said, "Personally, I wish I hadn't sold off many key high-grade ASMs years ago, but I do think there will be a correction coming."  :eyeroll:  

Classic, predictable sheep thinking there must be a correction because I don't own them anymore.  

If you still owned them you would be asking 25% over GPA in the sales section. 

Who am I?

"I sold Amazon for 1k a share years ago, and I just looked at the stock prices......OMG no way its worth $3500!  Crash will obviously happen so I can buy them again at the old market value!"  

THAAAAAAATS YOU!

image.png.6c4e5b0762483cb9b970a04fd45a10b6.png

I don't think calling people sheep is a nice thing to do.

On 7/20/2021 at 7:06 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I don't see how the market will softened anytime soon on the established books we all know and love. 

Disney didnt buy Marvel to sit on these characters.  FF and X-men are coming!  Everyone thinks Hulk 181, X-men 1, FF 1, 5 are expensive now, what do you think is going to happen when they announce movie dates and casting?

What do you think will happen when the people who apparently missed the many movies from the past 20 years that featured Wolverine finally discover him?

On 7/20/2021 at 5:30 PM, Lazyboy said:

What do you think will happen when the people who apparently missed the many movies from the past 20 years that featured Wolverine finally discover him?

When we get a non-model looking show-tunes singing 8 foot actor to play him?  

I would imagine a price increase. (shrug)

tenor.gif

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 7/20/2021 at 5:43 PM, thehumantorch said:

I don't think I can say this any other way.  It's not nice to call people sheep

How about lambs to the slaughter instead? (thumbsu

On 7/20/2021 at 5:49 PM, Dave2739 said:

are we still talking about Spider-Man?

Hopefully not because the logic on that subject was lacking and hurt my eyes to read such nonsensical whining. 

On 7/20/2021 at 7:34 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

When we get a non-model looking show-tunes singing 8 foot actor to play him?  

I would imagine a price increase. (shrug)

tenor.gif

Because Jackman and his portrayal of the character are/were so unpopular?

Maybe you could extricate your cranium from wherever it is that you stuck it and try to understand reality.

He wasn't my choice for Wolverine either, but that doesn't matter.

Well, I still wish I had a couple of those ASM's I sold, but I'm happy I have the collection I do have now.  It continues to grow slowly, and I have added lots of lower value but NM copies of various Spider-Man appearances up through the about 1990.  I really don't worry much about the swings in comics prices as I'm primarily a collector and not an investor or dealer.  My retirement accounts are in great shape, and I sleep very soundly awaiting the day I retire, so I can live off my long-term savings and investing strategy and results.

That said, many key ASMs are getting very expensive (in my opinion), and I do not think there are enough collectors and investors to hold these prices.  When an asset appreciates in value, especially when it really goes up, there has to be something to keep it high.  For collectors, there are only so many NM copies of a favorite comic to chase.  My initial point was why an ASM 300 in NM is worth so much more than a 10-times more scarce early ASM in NM?  When the prices go up, you can go for lower grades or shift your focus.  For investors, higher prices can drive additional demand, at least for some time, like a feeding frenzy.  And for investing, going along with the majority often results in being on the wrong side of market corrections.  Market corrections are normal as are business cycles.  If you aren't prepared for them or diversified, they can really hurt.

I will continue to purchase ASM and guest appearances for my collection, but I may sell a few really high-value copies to keep my wife from complaining about what I spend on funny books.  My comics collections is not part of my retirement planning, so it's really bonus in the end.

V/R, Mike