• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just got back from framing shop

14 posts in this topic

Excellent! 893applaud-thumb.gif I'd like them on my office wall. I'd like them on my wall at home too, but I think it would lead to divorce! They are truly stunning though. hail.gif

Excellent! 893applaud-thumb.gif I'd like them on my office wall. I'd like them on my wall at home too, but I think it would lead to divorce! They are truly stunning though. hail.gif

Divorce? I don't follow. My wife LOVES Mack's stuff, and in fact the first two of his paintings I ever bought were given to her:

Mack1.jpg

Mack3.jpg

Mack4.jpg

I have been looking around to get some of my best pieces framed, but have had a hard time finding a place near me. Any tips on what to ask for, and what kind of cost is fair?

By the way, great pieces headbang.gif

My suggestion is to be careful with framing shops. You're not going to believe the price quotes you are going to get for large pieces. A suggestion is to try some of the internet-based DIY shops. You send dimensions of the piece and they will construct a frame and send it to you to frame yourself. I plan on doing this with some Japanese movie posters in my collection.

I've used Costco with great results and they were half the price of anywhere else I went. They outsource to a framing shop and I was very happy with the job they did. In fact I didn't like how it was matted the first time and they sent it back and re-matted it at no cost to me.

The originals are made right on traditional comic boards. Mack's pieces cost about $500-800, or more for a particularly special painted piece.

I thought about the online shops, but I wasn't able to see the mats on the art first, and I couldn't find UV conservation glass at a good enough price.