• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st Appearance of Odin?

9 posts in this topic

On 7/19/2021 at 9:56 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's odd, for sure. Looks like they usually notate it like that, though. Not sure why.

It depends upon the grader and the amount of available space in the key and art comment fields. But in this case, I'd say it's a fair description because Odin is barely visible and appears to have only one comment in JIM #85.

Another option would have been to alter the comments on #85 to read "1st appearance of Loki, Heimdall, and Asgard" and then add "Odin cameo." Then the comment on #86 could be "1st full appearance of Odin".

But of course, that's just the way it goes...what might have been...  hm

It is confusing, and CGC is not consistent in their labels. What I do when I see such thing is write a post in the "ask CGC" part of the forum to let them know of an inconsistency.

Anyways, if you want the real first appearance of Odin, you should check out this amulet from the year 500

main-qimg-aa184ae82a4efd6da1875161b5565506

On 7/19/2021 at 8:45 AM, William-James88 said:

It is confusing, and CGC is not consistent in their labels. What I do when I see such thing is write a post in the "ask CGC" part of the forum to let them know of an inconsistency.

Anyways, if you want the real first appearance of Odin, you should check out this amulet from the year 500

main-qimg-aa184ae82a4efd6da1875161b5565506

And may the Norse be with you!