• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to avoid green label

3 posts in this topic

So I have a 1 in 50 fathom variant that is numbered with marker in the top left corner (4/50 7/50 23/50) that sort of thing. My question is, is there anyway to submit this and not get a green label? I know it's marker on cover but it's intentional? I'm not even sure if I sent it through CBCS verify signiture program if that would help since it's not a sig but a simple number that was intentional. If this has already been covered I apologize. This is my first post. Thanks on advance for any help you can provide. 

On 7/21/2021 at 4:54 AM, imremedyz said:

So I have a 1 in 50 fathom variant that is numbered with marker in the top left corner (4/50 7/50 23/50) that sort of thing. My question is, is there anyway to submit this and not get a green label? I know it's marker on cover but it's intentional? I'm not even sure if I sent it through CBCS verify signiture program if that would help since it's not a sig but a simple number that was intentional. If this has already been covered I apologize. This is my first post. Thanks on advance for any help you can provide. 

Welcome to the boards!

You can REQUEST that they consider the writing as a defect and give your book a universal blue label. Request this via a sticky note on your comic bag and hand written on your submission form. Sometimes they honor the request, sometimes they don't - no gaurantee. And from what I can tell from my submissions when they have honored the request it drops a 9.8/9.6 book down to a 9.0 grade.

Hope that helps!