• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Email response time and communication woes...

4 posts in this topic

I have reached out to CGC with some questions and have not heard back from them (not even a "hey we are busy and we'll get to you soon") in over a week. Is this typical? I am unsure about sending 50K worth of comics to them if I don't hear back. Am I better off calling and asking to speak to someone? If so, anyo0ne in particular? My questions concern insurance, storage and security. Thanks all and happy collecting!

I’d call, but I understand the appeal of getting answers in writing ,

if the questions are not especially personal to you, there’s an ASK CGC SUBFORUM here on the boards you can try.  

On 7/21/2021 at 8:54 AM, tom.bastek said:

Am I better off calling and asking to speak to someone? My questions concern insurance, storage and security.

Yes. It's likely that whoever you speak to can answer these questions, but you can always ask to be transferred to someone else if the answers you receive is concise.

As was mentioned above, there is appeal to getting answers in writing.

In the past, I've called CGC a few times and they've always been very responsive.  Never had a bad experience. 

I haven't called since they've gotten backed up, so I'm not sure if they'll be harder to get ahold of. 

Still, I would recommend calling.