• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective 27 sale on ebay

48 posts in this topic

On 7/22/2021 at 5:48 PM, Mmehdy said:

I could see 199K for a white paged coverless copy or something close..he should consider himself luckly if he breaks 100K

I think he could get a 100k for it even with the missing pieces pq and eye appeal.  Someones only chance to own one might be able to come up with that number.

On 7/22/2021 at 6:15 PM, I am not Glenda said:

I am the guy with the bad feedback lol 99.4 after 20yrs (30216)  honestly most of the time I am at 99.9 but it's been a hell of year with the USPS and while I deserve 2 of those negatives the others were just ebay BS that I am sure many of us on here can relate to. Now about the book I 100% do not expect to get 200k, but I figure what the hell last week a Nintendo game sold for 1.5M, a Hulk 181 & GSXM are both legit 100k books & this is TEC 27......nuff said.  I also want to note in the first half hour of the listing I had two serious offers both were above the " lucky to get 100k" number and both were willing to meet and do a cashiers check ( one buyer represented an investment firm, not sure what that means but take it for what it is) The truth is I don't want to sell this book If I really wanted to move the book then it would be on it's way to Heritage & let the chips fall where they will or I would have seriously considered both offers as they were very stand up. ( it's funny they were both within 5k of each other) But I could carless if I die with my Detective 27 cover or no cover, slight nip on a few pages or not its been my dream book since I was 13 yrs old & imho its one of only a handful of complete poor mans copies that exist in the world today and it damn sure is cooler then a 1980s video game. So the number (200k) while it may be insane it was meant to be insane it was meant to be a number that I could live with if I let my personal dream book go. Hope that clear up any speculation and ps I am working on my feedback lol.

Excellent !  Keep us posted ! 

On 7/22/2021 at 7:15 PM, I am not Glenda said:

I am the guy with the bad feedback lol 99.4 after 20yrs (30216)  honestly most of the time I am at 99.9 but it's been a hell of year with the USPS and while I deserve 2 of those negatives the others were just ebay BS that I am sure many of us on here can relate to. Now about the book I 100% do not expect to get 200k, but I figure what the hell last week a Nintendo game sold for 1.5M, a Hulk 181 & GSXM are both legit 100k books & this is TEC 27......nuff said.  I also want to note in the first half hour of the listing I had two serious offers both were above the " lucky to get 100k" number and both were willing to meet and do a cashiers check ( one buyer represented an investment firm, not sure what that means but take it for what it is) The truth is I don't want to sell this book If I really wanted to move the book then it would be on it's way to Heritage & let the chips fall where they will or I would have seriously considered both offers as they were very stand up. ( it's funny they were both within 5k of each other) But I could carless if I die with my Detective 27 cover or no cover, slight nip on a few pages or not its been my dream book since I was 13 yrs old & imho its one of only a handful of complete poor mans copies that exist in the world today and it damn sure is cooler then a 1980s video game. 200k may be insane & it was meant to be an insane number, it was meant to be a number that I could live with if I let my personal dream book go. Hope that clear up any speculation and ps I am working on my feedback lol.

good luck!

On 7/22/2021 at 4:15 PM, I am not Glenda said:

I am the guy with the bad feedback lol 99.4 after 20yrs (30216)  honestly most of the time I am at 99.9 but it's been a hell of year with the USPS and while I deserve 2 of those negatives the others were just ebay BS that I am sure many of us on here can relate to. Now about the book I 100% do not expect to get 200k, but I figure what the hell last week a Nintendo game sold for 1.5M, a Hulk 181 & GSXM are both legit 100k books & this is TEC 27......nuff said.  I also want to note in the first half hour of the listing I had two serious offers both were above the " lucky to get 100k" number and both were willing to meet and do a cashiers check ( one buyer represented an investment firm, not sure what that means but take it for what it is) The truth is I don't want to sell this book If I really wanted to move the book then it would be on it's way to Heritage & let the chips fall where they will or I would have seriously considered both offers as they were very stand up. ( it's funny they were both within 5k of each other) But I could carless if I die with my Detective 27 cover or no cover, slight nip on a few pages or not its been my dream book since I was 13 yrs old & imho its one of only a handful of complete poor mans copies that exist in the world today and it damn sure is cooler then a 1980s video game. 200k may be insane & it was meant to be an insane number, it was meant to be a number that I could live with if I let my personal dream book go. Hope that clear up any speculation and ps I am working on my feedback lol.

Let it go at auction. I would love to see what this puppy can do with no reserve.

I am the guy with the bad feedback lol 99.4 after 20yrs (30216)  honestly most of the time I am at 99.9 but it's been a hell of year with the USPS and while I deserve 2 of those negatives the others were just ebay BS that I am sure many of us on here can relate to. Now about the book I 100% do not think FMV right now is 200k, but I figure what the hell last week a Nintendo game sold for 1.5M, a Hulk 181 & GSXM are both legit 100k books these days. This is a complete TEC 27......nuff said. I also want to note in the first half hour of the listing I had two serious offers both were above the " lucky to get 100k" number (which lets me know the book is now a legit 6 figure book) Both buyers were also willing to meet at a bank and do a cashiers check ( one buyer represented an investment firm, not sure what that means? but take it for what it is) The truth is I don't want to sell this book, If I really wanted to move the book then it would be on it's way to Heritage & let the chips fall where they will or I would have seriously considered both offers as they were very stand up & to my knowledge would be a record sale for a coverless comic. (it's funny they were both within 5k of each other) But cover or no cover, slight nip on a few pages or not its been my dream book since I was 13 yrs old & I honestly could careless if I die with my Detective 27, its one of only a handful of complete "poor mans copies" that exist in the world today and imho it damn sure is cooler then any 1980s video game. So maybe some people think 200k may be an insane number but it was meant to be a number that I could live with if I let my personal dream book go. ( this is no Hulk 181 or AF15 and once this is gone there is no replacing it). Hope that clears up any speculation or questions. PS I am happy to meet at any Hooters to do the deal :)

Hint: Appearance

I am the guy with the bad feedback lol 99.4 after 20yrs (30216)  honestly most of the time I am at 99.9 but it's been a hell of year with the USPS and while I deserve 2 of those negatives the others were just ebay BS that I am sure many of us on here can relate to. Now about the book I 100% do not think FMV right now is 200k, but I figure what the hell last week a Nintendo game sold for 1.5M, a Hulk 181 & GSXM are both legit 100k books these days. This is a complete TEC 27......nuff said. I also want to note in the first half hour of the listing I had two serious offers both were above the " lucky to get 100k" number (which lets me know the book is now a legit 6 figure book) Both buyers were also willing to meet at a bank and do a cashiers check ( one buyer represented an investment firm, not sure what that means? but take it for what it is) The truth is I don't want to sell this book, If I really wanted to move the book then it would be on it's way to Heritage & let the chips fall where they will or I would have seriously considered both offers as they were very stand up & to my knowledge would be a record sale for a coverless comic. (it's funny they were both within 5k of each other) But cover or no cover, slight nip on a few pages or not its been my dream book since I was 13 yrs old & I honestly could careless if I die with my Detective 27, its one of only a handful of complete "poor mans copies" that exist in the world today and imho it damn sure is cooler then any 1980s video game. So maybe some people think 200k may be an insane number but it was meant to be a number that I could live with if I let my personal dream book go. ( this is no Hulk 181 or AF15 and once this is gone there is no replacing it). Hope that clears up any speculation or questions. PS I am happy to meet at any Hooters to do the deal :)

Serious offers you say?

CE7EB515-0822-4F61-8988-9A0FACC68693.jpeg

On 7/23/2021 at 11:24 AM, ThothAmon said:

So my $50 K is definitely out?  What if I told you I’m a collector not a dealer?  Seriously it is awesome and I hope your pm inbox is lighting up. 

So Iv had several boardies privately PM me about my offers on the book & initially I was going to keep the evil bay offers private but after thinking about it I don't see what the big deal is if I don't show the ebay IDs The best 2 offers by far were the first day. One was for $115k & the other was 120k both seemed legit and one of the 2 guys came back and actually said he though the asking price was not really out of the ball park with the current market madness. Regardless of the text Iv had several offers asking about some kind of payment plan and asking what's the lowest I would take & would I consider any long term payment plan. Another buyer was sorry but he had to "beg" me to consider some kind of trade & cash deal but never named a price so I don't know if he meant 200k in trade or a lower price and trade? I have had 4 offers between 60-80k. The lowest offer and really rudest guy asked me why I think any comic with no cover would be even close to being worth 200k and he would be willing to do me a favor and would do 20k " with free shipping" He also told me I would be lucky to accept his offer. I also have had several emails telling how cool the book is & wishing me good luck. So after a few days there it is. Now PLEASE before anyone on here tells me I am nuts to not take the 120 offer read my post above. I will be damned if I would sell this book for the price of a 9.8 181 or GSXM ( both books that I love) It's just my personal feeling as I don't want to sell the book at or a bit above FMV ( which seems to be around 100-120k at this point) I think you guys on here get my point. Also I don't need the money I have a very nice Nintendo collection I intend to retire on lol

On a side note below is one of the emails I got and it's just so typical of why after 20 years I really hate selling anything on the site, just way to much BS.

"Greetings sir hope your day was great. I sent you a message around 7:20 pm this evening. I hope you received it . I had stated that I had an unexpected financial situation that had to be dealt with immediately  , which put me in a disadvantageous position. I really really want this comic. Is it possible that we can negotiate a price ? Please understand first/foremost I am not trying to take advantage of you in any way shape or form. I ,with great humility ,am humbly /sincerely asking for the opportunity so I can purchase this item . Please let me know thanks " Agggggggg I hate these types of emails and buyers!

Edited by I am not Glenda

On 7/24/2021 at 6:29 AM, I am not Glenda said:

So Iv had several boardies privately PM me about my offers on the book & initially I was going to keep the evil bay offers private but after thinking about it I don't see what the big deal is if I don't show the ebay IDs The best 2 offers by far were the first day. One was for $115k & the other was 120k both seemed legit and one of the 2 guys came back and actually said he though the asking price was not really out of the ball park with the current market madness. Regardless of the text Iv had several offers asking about some kind of payment plan and asking what's the lowest I would take & would I consider any long term payment plan. Another buyer was sorry but he had to "beg" me to consider some kind of trade & cash deal but never named a price so I don't know if he meant 200k in trade or a lower price and trade? I have had 4 offers between 60-80k. The lowest offer and really rudest guy asked me why I think any comic with no cover would be even close to being worth 200k and he would be willing to do me a favor and would do 20k " with free shipping" He also told me I would be lucky to accept his offer. I also have had several emails telling how cool the book is & wishing me good luck. So after a few days there it is. Now PLEASE before anyone on here tells me I am nuts to not take the 120 offer read my post above. I will be damned if I would sell this book for the price of a 9.8 181 or GSXM ( both books that I love) It's just my personal feeling as I don't want to sell the book at or a bit above FMV ( which seems to be around 100-120k at this point) I think you guys on here get my point. Also I don't need the money I have a very nice Nintendo collection I intend to retire on lol

On a side note below is one of the emails I got and it's just so typical of why after 20 years I really hate selling anything on the site, just way to much BS.

"Greetings sir hope your day was great. I sent you a message around 7:20 pm this evening. I hope you received it . I had stated that I had an unexpected financial situation that had to be dealt with immediately  , which put me in a disadvantageous position. I really really want this comic. Is it possible that we can negotiate a price ? Please understand first/foremost I am not trying to take advantage of you in any way shape or form. I ,with great humility ,am humbly /sincerely asking for the opportunity so I can purchase this item . Please let me know thanks " Agggggggg I hate these types of emails and buyers!

Why not try selling it here in the boards? Ebay seems like the worst place for this kind of book. 

On 7/24/2021 at 4:09 AM, Ryan. said:

Why not try selling it here in the boards? Ebay seems like the worst place for this kind of book. 

He does not really want to sell the book. I think he just wanted to see if it is a 100k book and now he knows.  Fantasy 15 Hulk 181 GSX1 all day every day but even if you have money not that easy to find Tec 27 so there you go 

I do the same thing with my books. The ones I really don't want to sell, I put a price that is high. That way if someone wanted it bad enough and is willing to pay my asking price I am ok with letting it go for that price. Nothing wrong in doing so. I can tell you he will get a offer and he will take it if the price is right.

Awesome book. Thanks for sharing.

On 7/24/2021 at 11:23 AM, woowoo said:

He does not really want to sell the book. I think he just wanted to see if it is a 100k book and now he knows.  Fantasy 15 Hulk 181 GSX1 all day every day but even if you have money not that easy to find Tec 27 so there you go 

THANK YOU! I Could not have said it better! In general I think most board members would agree this is a six figure book ( I think a copy that presents better would be a true contender for 150+) & if I really wanted to move it, based on the most recent TEC 27 sales and even on single page sales ( which are not even that common) those numbers seem to line up as that's the only data I had to go on until I posted this a few days ago.

Edited by I am not Glenda