• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective 27 sale on ebay

48 posts in this topic

On 7/24/2021 at 12:46 PM, I am not Glenda said:

THANK YOU! I Could not have said it better! In general I think most board members would agree this is a six figure book ( I think a copy that presents better would be a true contender for 150+) & if I really wanted to move it, based on the most recent TEC 27 sales and even on single page sales ( which are not even that common) those numbers seem to line up as that's the only data I had to go on until I posted this a few days ago.

Wow, if you’ve gotten offers as high as $115K and $120K, assuming legit, I’m super impressed. I really didn’t think a coverless complete copy was quite there yet, even with the big 7.0 sale. That’s super cool though to see it might be worth more. Despite missing the Batman story and centerfold, as well as a few additional pages, makes me feel like my .5 incomplete was a weak sale at $28K. I think you’re actually selling it the better way. I’m not sure you would see a realized hammer price at the offers you’re getting through buy it now, if let go at auction. But who knows, all it takes is two excited buyers and anything’s possible. We’ve seen that time and again lately lol. Clearly you have at least two energized buyers soo far.

On 7/24/2021 at 4:51 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Wow, if you’ve gotten offers as high as $115K and $120K, assuming legit, I’m super impressed. I really didn’t think a coverless complete copy was quite there yet, even with the big 7.0 sale. That’s super cool though to see it might be worth more. Despite missing the Batman story and centerfold, as well as a few additional pages, makes me feel like my .5 incomplete was a weak sale at $28K. I think you’re actually selling it the better way. I’m not sure you would see a realized hammer price at the offers you’re getting through buy it now, if let go at auction. But who knows, all it takes is two excited buyers and anything’s possible. We’ve seen that time and again lately lol. Clearly you have at least two energized buyers soo far.

IMHO I think Tec 27 and of course Action #1 ( & due to rarity you could make a case for Supes #1) are just different animals altogether in terms of supply vs demand, do I think a solid complete coverless Cap 1 or Batman 1 would fetch a good price you bet but the historic significance of the big two really set them apart from everything else in our hobby. I am not saying that because I have a 27 I am saying that because I am a comic collector. 

Edited by I am not Glenda

On 7/24/2021 at 4:35 PM, I am not Glenda said:

IMHO I think Tec 27 and of course Action #1 ( & due to rarity you could make a case for Supes #1) are just different animal altogether in terms of supply vs demand, do I think a solid complete coverless Cap 1 or Batman 1 would fetch a good price you bet but the historic significance of the big two really set them apart from everything else in our hobby. I am not saying that because I have a 27 I am saying that because I am a comic collector. 

No fair points for sure 👍

On 7/26/2021 at 3:20 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Couldn’t help but notice the nut job asking 1 mil for his graded page 1 has taken it down. The page he bought for about $13k when it sold in a Heritage auction last year or so. I guess this coverless complete affected his ask price 🤣🤣🤣

Thought the same thing.  Nut job = grifter