• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective 27 sale on ebay

48 posts in this topic

On 7/22/2021 at 2:14 PM, Chicago Boy said:

Your joking right ?  That's a 6 figure book these days

Yeah I would love to see what this would sell for at auction. Half decent page quality, but the pieces missing from pages 2-7 "slightly affecting the story" as the CGC label states will definitely cause it to take a minor hit. I agree though, complete Tec 27 now has potential to be over $100K. A nice presenting coverless copy with no issues and solid page quality I'd think is easily over $100K.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 7/22/2021 at 2:48 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Yeah I would love to see what this would sell for at auction. Half decent page quality, but the pieces missing from pages 2-7 "slightly affecting the story" as the CGC label states will definitely cause it to take a minor hit. I agree though, complete Tec 27 now has potential to be over $100K. A nice presenting coverless copy with no issues and solid page quality I'd think is easily over $100K.

I will second that...easy 100K plus now

On 7/22/2021 at 5:48 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

no doubt

I don't recognize this seller, but boy oh boy he has bad Ebay feedback! I guess that won't matter much with this kind of a sale though. I mean as he states, he's only selling this to someone meeting at an airport or just in person. Maybe just meet at a local strip club or something, somewhere with heavy security.

On 7/22/2021 at 4:48 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

I thought a piece was just missing from page 7 (post the Bats story). Must have misread the label.  

On 7/22/2021 at 4:01 PM, ThothAmon said:

Woo Woo!  Pretty cool. $50k and I’m all in. 

On 7/22/2021 at 5:14 PM, Chicago Boy said:

Your joking right ?  That's a 6 figure book these days

I’m notoriously cheap  I originally wrote $100k, before concluding who was I kidding.  Will someone pay $200,000 though?

On 7/22/2021 at 2:56 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

I don't recognize this seller, but boy oh boy he has bad Ebay feedback! I guess that won't matter much with this kind of a sale though. I mean as he states, he's only selling this to someone meeting at an airport or just in person. Maybe just meet at a local strip club or something, somewhere with heavy security.

:whistle:See the source image:idea:

On 7/22/2021 at 3:10 PM, Chicago Boy said:

I thought a piece was just missing from page 7 (post the Bats story). Must have misread the label.  

No yeah it's pages 2-7. But I mean can't see those pages obviously so tough to say what "slightly" really means tbh. Could be barely anything. At least of the 3 bats pages, page 1 isn't affected.

On 7/22/2021 at 3:28 PM, Chicago Boy said:

Ha !  Won't get 200k........

Yeah according to this description he doesn't appear to be eager to sell, despite providing the best offer option. If I read it correctly I think he seems to want his ask, which he definitely won't get. Legit offers for this should be in the ball park of no less then $80K and as high as $110K maybe imop. If it was a perfect coverless copy presenting well I'd say higher once again, maybe $125K-$150K, if someone was that interested.

On 7/22/2021 at 3:48 PM, Mmehdy said:

I could see 199K for a white paged coverless copy or something close..he should consider himself luckly if he breaks 100K

you just cant find a copy under 300k with cover and that's for a restored 1.0 to 4.5 don't matter. The Market just don't have enough cop's for the Demand and there are a lot of new collectors that don't care abought money that they can make every day.