• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CPR candidate?

5 posts in this topic

Been on the fence on this book. It definitely has non color breaking creases on the front and back cover but with the piece missing on the back cover I have been back and forth about sending it to a trusted presser and then back to CGC. I am happy with the presentation for the grade but also know it would look better if it was pressed. That being said not 100% the grade would bump much if I did crack it to be pressed with that corner missing although I have seen books with that much missing a few grades higher (although usually the main defect).

Here are the grading notes- I did post on IG so sorry to flood a couple of platforms.

So what are you guys thoughts on a CPR on it?

:   multiple crease cover breaks color
    multiple tear cover
    multiple tracing interior
    tape back cover
    tape interior back cover
    tape page(s) 1
    tracing front cover

wear all edges cover breaks color

Myhulk1.jpg

myhulk1bc.jpg

Myhulk12nd.jpg

It is a really pretty FC for the grade. 

I suspect a CPR won't bump the grade. The tape and the pieces missing on the BC, combined with the graders notes makes me think there isn't allot a press would improve. 

I'm in a similar situation with a JIM83 2.0. 

It's got a lot of creases. Many color breaking, many not. I know a press could improve the look of the book, but I'm not convinced it will improve enough to bump the grade. I did send it down to @joeypost to have him screen it.  Perhaps it's an unnecessary risk, but I wanted an expert to see it and assess what could be done. 

On 7/23/2021 at 7:41 PM, KCOComics said:

It is a really pretty FC for the grade. 

I suspect a CPR won't bump the grade. The tape and the pieces missing on the BC, combined with the graders notes makes me think there isn't allot a press would improve. 

I'm in a similar situation with a JIM83 2.0. 

It's got a lot of creases. Many color breaking, many not. I know a press could improve the look of the book, but I'm not convinced it will improve enough to bump the grade. I did send it down to @joeypost to have him screen it.  Perhaps it's an unnecessary risk, but I wanted an expert to see it and assess what could be done. 

Yeah, I think the grade will be held down, a .5 bump maybe but too much holding it down for it to climb to a 3.0. With that said, the FC could certainly be bumped up from a presentation stand point . I was going to have Kenny look at it. I shot him a video of it since that shows the NCB better.

On 7/23/2021 at 8:16 PM, PKJ said:

Yeah, I think the grade will be held down, a .5 bump maybe but too much holding it down for it to climb to a 3.0. With that said, the FC could certainly be bumped up from a presentation stand point . I was going to have Kenny look at it. I shot him a video of it since that shows the NCB better.

Kenny is the man!  He has two of my books right now as well. Long story lol. But I've called Kenny many times to discuss options on books and he's always given great advice, even if it takes money out of his pocket.  He's someone I trust explicitly.