• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Cgc grade square cuts on Pokémon tcg?

4 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 7/23/2021 at 10:47 PM, Nubbz336 said:

I have been told mixed things! I’ve got a couple I’d like to send in but before I send them I’d like to make sure. Thanks in advance! 

Hello, we can accept modern square cut cards as long as they are not cut to look like an error card. If they are older cards like WotC era, we currently cannot but we are in discussions now about possibly grading those soon. Hope this helps.

On 7/27/2021 at 6:07 AM, Habby2324 said:

Hello, we can accept modern square cut cards as long as they are not cut to look like an error card. If they are older cards like WotC era, we currently cannot but we are in discussions now about possibly grading those soon. Hope this helps.

Why would there be a difference between new and old cards as far as grading square/mis-cuts?

On 7/29/2021 at 1:03 PM, Rufuss C. Kingston said:

Why would there be a difference between new and old cards as far as grading square/mis-cuts?

Because WotC gave away numerous uncut sheets, there are a plethora of square cuts that have been cut by scammers in an attempt to fool people into thinking that they are real misprints/miscuts. The term for this is NFC (Not Factory Cut). This does not appear to be as big of a problem with modern cards because TPCi has not been known to give away uncut sheets.