• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phoenix Comicon - what I got

8 posts in this topic

Okay - to call it a comicon is a bit of a stretch. It is still pretty small, but there was some cool stuff there. Here is a rundown of my purchases:

Batman 200 VF- - $35

Avengers 96 VF/NM - $30

X-Men 124 NM - $33

the entire Owlsey/Bright PowerMan/IronFist Run - $7.50

Indiana Jones 1-15 - $6

Kojack book and record set from Peter pan records circa 1977 - $.75 - Who loves ya, baby?

Contest of Champions 1(1982) NM - $1.25 - BOO-YAAA!!!!

I also wanted to buy this Conan #1 - but it was Fine + at best and the guy wanted $100 for it - I offered him $80 and he told me to go away.

All in all - a fun morning.

You're lucky you found that Batman 200 before me, because I would have snagged it. I saw a set of Crisis On Infinite Earths 1-12 set (avg VF) for $12 that I passed on. When I saw there was nothing better to do with my money, it was gone. I regret that one.

Yeah - the Fantasy Comics guys had that one. They had some other pretty nice stuff as well hanging up on their display thingy.

I found it odd that Atomic Comics didn't set up a booth...but since everything they have is overgraded by one grade and overpriced at least 25% - they would have set up for nothing. I doubt anyone would have bought anything.

An Atomic employee told me the other day, "We don't grade or price according to Overstreet." So I guess they think people will choose to pay prices they choose? I just get angry every time I go into an Atomic store. Sure, I'll stop in on Wednesday to get my 2003 Overstreet, but I have a feeling I'l walk out of there angry and empty-handed. But they'll have plenty of Yu-Gi-Oh for sale.