• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VERY poor quality CGC Cases Marred, plastic rubbed, plastic rub dents/scratches on all CGC cases applied to all 60-70 submissions just arrived this week
1 1

3 posts in this topic

VERY poor quality CGC Cases Marred, plastic rubbed, plastic rub dents/scratches on all CGC cases applied on the cover to all 60-70 submissions just arrived this week.

The pride of our 750 books submission looks awful! No one will believe CGC is doing this to all our recently comic book slabs, but they are!

I want to cry when seeing this shameful acceptance by a company we trusted to do right.

thumbnail_20210725_1914413.jpg

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  I'm sorry to hear that your books arrived with these issues.  We work closely with our manufacturer to ensure that we receive only the highest quality holders, and we take great care to protect these holders during our grading process. The significant size and extreme clarity of these holders, however, makes it virtually impossible to prevent small scratches and scuffs that may occur during careful handling and in transit. 

Please contact our customer service department and we can send you instructions on how to proceed.  You can reach us at 877-662-6642 or by email at submissions@cgccomics.com.

Thank you,

On 7/27/2021 at 7:53 PM, UNDEROOS said:

VERY poor quality CGC Cases Marred, plastic rubbed, plastic rub dents/scratches on all CGC cases applied on the cover to all 60-70 submissions just arrived this week.

The pride of our 750 books submission looks awful! No one will believe CGC is doing this to all our recently comic book slabs, but they are!

I want to cry when seeing this shameful acceptance by a company we trusted to do right.

thumbnail_20210725_1914413.jpg

I'm having the same experience. 40 of the last 48 slabs had scratches on the front covers at (or near) the center of the cases. Another two had a hair in the inside cases, and one had occlusions on the back cover. 

Moreover, I have received 50 to 100 slabs in which the inside cover is warped to the point of making the pressed comics look unpressed. There is no way I can list these without serious qualification to the customers. 

I have referenced the bowing/warping issue in my emails to customer service, but I've received no acknowledgment regarding the issue or even my concern about it.

I have included a couple photos here. The flaw is not that difficult to see from the front even though it doesn't show up in regular photographs. But I have included photos here of a couple of the books from the side.

These aren't even the worst ones:

IMG_20210812_220941020.thumb.jpg.e7b995596e27e5d1830306eca5184d6f.jpgIMG_20210812_222346802.thumb.jpg.3a3676997d823e20f8531a057ab56da7.jpg