• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Survive this blackout?
4 4

96 posts in this topic

On 7/30/2021 at 2:01 PM, Gotham Kid said:

who's going to pay for all the therapy ?

Who's going to pay for the :censored: lost sale I was working on when this nonsense happened.  The potential buyer bailed out in disgust.

at one point about an hour ago, when I clicked on unread content the only thing that came up were what appeared to be PMs, but not mine

:devil:

Edited by Bird

Why was the board down this time? 

Was there a notification that the system would be down?

One of the longest periods I’ve been deprived of the boards, and as with the time I was imprisoned in the limbo zone while waiting to be moved between the old and the new formats (remember that nightmare?) I could feel myself losing it and reverting to an animal, non-sentient feral state.

With the boards back, I should now recover my humanity just as I did then.

On 7/30/2021 at 1:14 PM, Ken Aldred said:

One of the longest periods I’ve been deprived of the boards, and as with the time I was imprisoned in the limbo zone while waiting to be moved between the old and the new formats (remember that nightmare?) I could feel myself losing it and reverting to an animal, non-sentient feral state.

With the boards back, I should now recover my humanity just as I did then.

Screenshot 2021-07-30 1.39.45 PM.png

On 7/30/2021 at 2:36 PM, Jeffro. said:

Looking forward to all the improvements like little blue rocket ships on our profiles meh

Yeah, that’s important stuff right there.  I may not sleep!!! :facepalm:

2AE93366-1E4E-41B4-BEB6-8AA18C5F2C8D.gif

On 7/30/2021 at 1:19 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Almost 22 hours.  Must have been one hell of an update. 

Upgrading the servers from Windows 95, takes awhile... got to find the AOL disc with the free hours, plug in the modem but make sure nobody is on the phone or it won't work. It was a whole thing I'd imagine.