• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jackson Hyde 1st Appearance

9 posts in this topic

Based on where I look, the first appearance of Aqualad (Jackson Hyde) is either Brightest Day #4 or Brightest Day #10.  I tried to look at cgc graded Comics, hoping that the tag on the top right would settle this issue for me.  No luck there, however.  So two questions:  (1) What is the first appearance of Jackson Hyde, and (2) more generally, how do you get CGC to ptint first appearances on there banners?  Thanks all!

I thought it was BD #4. It's been a long time since I've read them however. I can check them later if you'd like. 

Jackson Hyde, or "Butch" as I like to think of him, first appeared as a civilian in two pages of Brightest Day #4.  He appeared as Aqualad on David Finch's cover to BD #10, although I don't think he adopted the name inside that issue.

Edited by Chaykin Stevens

On 8/1/2021 at 12:48 PM, GusOrin said:

So how do we get CGC to recognize his 1st appearance?  What would trigger that?

Are you sending the book in? I'd phone customer service and ask them about it, let them know he's considered a decent enough character to have his first appearance noted, and can it please be added on the issue(s) you're sending in. They might ask you to include this info in a note with the book when you send it? 

I'm guessing here. I remember this has happened a few times with other FAs and boardie's have noted the procedure, I just can't recall the exact process. 

Here is what Jennifer said recently about getting characters added to the label

If you do not see a First Appearance notation that you believe should be noted, you may request it.  To request a first appearance update or inclusion of other information to the current label, please include a note both on your printed submission form and also attached to the bag of the specific book (post-it on comic bag) and our graders will review and make a determination on that request during the grading process. 

On 8/1/2021 at 11:16 AM, thesink said:

Here is what Jennifer said recently about getting characters added to the label

She says that to anybody asking about label updates. Basically they could careless lol. Especially if it’s a DC character. If the character hasn’t been 💩 out by Donny Cates good luck lol.