• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Doe et al. v. Jason Ewert et al. -- Litigation Forthcoming

159 posts in this topic

Has there been some indication that this might happen? Why would it? I realize that there have been alot of negative comments made about CGC recently, but I hardly think that the boards will be pulled for this. Just curious as to why some people fear this may happen. I personally highly doubt it. confused-smiley-013.gif

I seriously doubt it too, and if CGC pulled the boards over this type of scandal, then even the hardliners would agree it's time to blow off your graded books.

It's not like we cound't set up an ezboard or something else to take over if they did. It would leave egg in their face, but collectors would find a forum to carry on.

Most likely alternative? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Has there been some indication that this might happen? Why would it? I realize that there have been alot of negative comments made about CGC recently, but I hardly think that the boards will be pulled for this. Just curious as to why some people fear this may happen. I personally highly doubt it. confused-smiley-013.gif

I seriously doubt it too, and if CGC pulled the boards over this type of scandal, then even the hardliners would agree it's time to blow off your graded books.

It's not like we cound't set up an ezboard or something else to take over if they did. It would leave egg in their face, but collectors would find a forum to carry on.

What about this site? It has a decent forum.

http://www.goldcomics.com/forum/

I was thinking like this:

http://www.phpbb.com/

or this:

http://www.ezboard.com/

nah, just take over the coin or card forum. It's not like the whole thing would get shut down.

(Psst... the boards will stay)

Good point, Joanna. It's not like anyone ever uses the other forums.

nah, just take over the coin or card forum. It's not like the whole thing would get shut down.

27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Yep! The way I figure it, we can run the card forum outta town in no time flat....... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifgossip.gif given that there's anyone there to BE run outta town. confused-smiley-013.gif

yay.gif

27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Yep! The way I figure it, we can run the card forum outta town in no time flat....... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifgossip.gif given that there's anyone there to BE run outta town. confused-smiley-013.gif

yay.gif

We can hang out at Bob's place. gossip.gif

As has been discussed in numerous other threads regarding the Ewert trimming scandal, I am confirming that litigation will be commenced against Mr. Ewert and others for the fraudulent sale of trimmed and/or manipulated books. Several collectors have already committed to participating as plaintiffs in the litigation, which will be handled by FFB, Foolkiller and myself. We have already initiated the first steps.

If anyone believes they may have been a victim of Mr. Ewert, or knows someone who might fall into that category, through having purchased any books that originated with him or Tom Brulato, please PM or e-mail either myself, Scott or Brian, for further information.

Additionally, for those who have been generous enough to express an interest in pledging funds to help defray the litigation costs, or who would consider helping in this regard, please also either PM or e-mail myself, Scott or Brian. We are undertaking this effort to better the hobby we love and to expose the truth surrounding all potential levels of the scandal. We anticipate leaving no rock unturned.

Keep an eye on this thread for litigation updates.

hail.gif

As has been discussed in numerous other threads regarding the Ewert trimming scandal, I am confirming that litigation will be commenced against Mr. Ewert...for the fraudulent...books. ...If anyone believes they may have been a victim of Mr. Ewert...

I've been a victim of Ewert. He has traumatized me psychologically by his scammin', no good swindlin', two timin' lyin', con game. Just knowin' that he has skunked so many in comicdom leaves me traumatized. Then to see his beedy eyes in that photo -what a fony bologni two bit cheap skate camel . Let em' have it.

CGC would not be a good defendant. Many posters are innsinuating that CGC has liabilty issues associated with their failure to detect restoration. However, CGC has never claimed to be able to detect all restoration. Read the fine print on the back of a CGC label. CGC SPECIFICALLY claim to not assume such risk in recognition of the difficulty. Each CGC label reads that their inspections of the book is not a warranty that all restoration has been detected. Ewert and Brulato are a different story.

Sheesh, didn't mean to come off as a crackpot, nor was I the first person to throw out the suggestion that the boards might get shut down. Personally, I agree, I don't think it'll happen. But it doesn't hurt to have a contingency plan. Short of downing urine pills, that is.

the same thought occurred to me and i'm glad that you voiced it...........i, too, doubt that CGC would shut the board down but one never knows............ insane.gif

As has been discussed in numerous other threads regarding the Ewert trimming scandal, I am confirming that litigation will be commenced against Mr. Ewert and others for the fraudulent sale of trimmed and/or manipulated books. Several collectors have already committed to participating as plaintiffs in the litigation, which will be handled by FFB, Foolkiller and myself. We have already initiated the first steps.

If anyone believes they may have been a victim of Mr. Ewert, or knows someone who might fall into that category, through having purchased any books that originated with him or Tom Brulato, please PM or e-mail either myself, Scott or Brian, for further information.

Additionally, for those who have been generous enough to express an interest in pledging funds to help defray the litigation costs, or who would consider helping in this regard, please also either PM or e-mail myself, Scott or Brian. We are undertaking this effort to better the hobby we love and to expose the truth surrounding all potential levels of the scandal. We anticipate leaving no rock unturned.

Keep an eye on this thread for litigation updates.

I would be willing to devote some of my own time towards research/montoring using my intellirep technology to find any/all consumer complaints which may have been shared publicly in cyber-space towards Ewert should you require additional character evidence for your case. Just PM me or email me at the address on my profile.

Where do you find the time?

By this weekend (or Monday) I'll have a tentative "comic collector watchdog" organization developed… and ready to take contributions for the litigation as our first cause of action.

I'm a geek tongue.gif

As far as the comic collector watchdog organization, if you need me to assist in any way, feel free to contact me anytime.. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yeah Ewerts is banned from CGC, he probably get a lawsuits from different buyers, but I doubt it he get criminal charges!

Are you posting this statement everywhere, or am I having dejavu problems? confused-smiley-013.gif