• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where would I sell this? Any way to determine value?

21 posts in this topic

I have one piece of signed original art and then a bunch of original pages that I'm looking to potentially sell.

Can anyone give me an idea of the best place to do that? (is the marketplace here the way to go?) Any idea of value?

The Romita DD page is very cool, but the Tom Morgan signature on the Iron Man page is hilarious :).

9CC203A7-5B0D-45F5-9571-1E2E0EEE4B1F.jpeg

5CF22CCD-7AB8-4E9C-B73E-F9EBB93BE3E8.jpeg

8F2F03B4-4D84-4724-B9D6-BAA3D4BF18C3.jpeg

339BA86E-5721-47D3-A102-D177F91B817C.jpeg

CDD5D787-D4C7-4481-BF2A-ED50414A1D30.jpeg

7DC308FF-8639-483C-84C1-BB1D6562D73D.jpeg

3B13CC7F-9EA9-4F6C-A78C-B286EABADA86.jpeg

9E2E2983-8208-4515-8456-96204A67BCD0.jpeg

DB4FB872-9F02-4EE4-8CD9-BD8366427205.jpeg

8EE23AB7-C66F-4C6A-AEBF-B1E69C159346.jpeg

On 8/1/2021 at 12:30 AM, Jesse Weiss said:

I have one piece of signed original art and then a bunch of original pages that I'm looking to potentially sell.

Can anyone give me an idea of the best place to do that? (is the marketplace here the way to go?) Any idea of value?

The Romita DD page is very cool, but the Tom Morgan signature on the Iron Man page is hilarious :).

You can sell on the marketplace here but you have to list a price. Or ebay quickly or Comic Link or Heritage which have scheduled auctions.

I don't think Heritage would take them? But could be wrong.

You can also check the Heritage archives for what things have sold for in the past. Be aware the market is currently way up in the last few months.

https://www.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=790+231&Nty=1&Ntt=romita+jr+daredevil&ic10=ArchiveTab-071515

On 8/1/2021 at 8:22 AM, Twanj said:

You can sell on the marketplace here but you have to list a price. Or ebay quickly or Comic Link or Heritage which have scheduled auctions.

You can also check the Heritage archives for what things have sold for in the past. Be aware the market is currently way up in the last few months.

https://www.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=790+231&Nty=1&Ntt=romita+jr+daredevil&ic10=ArchiveTab-071515

Thanks, super helpful. I signed up at Heritage so I can look at old sales. I'll use those as a guideline. Wasn't that much on Ebay to compare to.

On 8/1/2021 at 8:33 AM, malvin said:

As usual, if selling direct I would do a lot of research since prices have risen so much. 

Underline & bold that, etc :)

Don't rush.

Waiting for someone to double that last offer on the JRjr DD.

On 8/1/2021 at 8:22 AM, Twanj said:

Thanks, super helpful. I signed up at Heritage so I can look at old sales. I'll use those as a guideline. Wasn't that much on Ebay to compare to.

I think I have enough help for where to look on my own, so please don't see this as a fishing expedition. I just really had no idea where to go as I'm really more of a comic book collector :).

How could I forget https://comicarttracker.com/ ?!

This is more for finding art currently for sale, but I think there's a way to see how much things have sold for. I'm not able to figure it out right now tho.

For DD JRjr it  shows a nice panel page coming up on HA in a few weeks, a DD head sketch, and then another panel page for a high asking price that hasn't sold.

577161889_ScreenShot2021-08-01at9_54_39AM.thumb.png.10470b25e9c93d41c5264feaa8c71986.png

On 8/1/2021 at 3:55 PM, Twanj said:

This is more for finding art currently for sale, but I think there's a way to see how much things have sold for. I'm not able to figure it out right now tho.

https://comicarttracker.com/faq-en/comicarttracker/how-can-i-see-past-sale-prices :nyah:

>>> https://comicarttracker.com/history?query=daredevil-romita-williamson

On 8/1/2021 at 1:31 PM, Drewsky said:

Send them to Heritage. You call, you ship, they sell, you get a check.  Very easy and they get the most eyes! 

Already contacted them, but they said they take like 2 weeks to get back to you so... I wouldn't even need to ship, I'm an hour from NYC. Could drive it down to keep it safe.

I just want to clarify that this wasn't a fishing expedition, I legitimately had no idea where to look to get the value for this stuff and didn't know the JRJ page was anything special besides looking cool. I have a good sense of the value of the JRJ page at least and I've reached out to get it appraised. So while I'm open to offers, I've got people interested in the $5k range so I don't want to waste anyone's time with lower offers at this point.

Heritage would put the DD page in one of their featured auctions with the rest in their weekly art auctions probably. Comiclink would be the same with the none dd pages put in their monthly focused auctions. Hard to say which one would get you more for that page or if your other ones might go for less too based on venue. eBay is also a choice too despite the negative talk it gets but if you put the page on there it would probably dominate all the listings with no real competition to what it is and enjoy that monopoly of attention verse if you send it to an auction house where it can get overshadowed by other pieces and collectors needing to prioritize what they're gong after. If you choose to list with any of them though it should sell for a nice amount regardless.