• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EXPENDABLES 4 starring every action hero you ever watched (9/22/23)

44 posts in this topic

On 6/6/2023 at 10:10 PM, The Brain said:

THEY'LL DIE WHEN THEY'RE DEAD.

WORST TAG LINE EVER.:roflmao:

Evil Dead 2 : Dead by Dawn, made much more sense and was much better.

Similar skull poster design as well, much the same idea really.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 8/23/2023 at 1:03 PM, Bosco685 said:

I'll see it, but all that trailer did was remind me how much I really reallllllyy REALLY miss action movies using squibs :(

"WE HEARD YOU ...except about the poor CGI blood and the janky green screen backgrounds, we're keeping those."

I got a pass to see this a week from today, next Tuesday.

I've seen #1 and part of #2, idk if I've seen any of #3.....

I'm somewhat excited, or enough to search for a prescreen pass. Plus the 1st couple are now available on Netflix I believe :) 

Data from consultancy firm Artisan Gateway shows “Expendables 4” earning $10.9 million (RMB78.6 million) over its debut weekend. The latest instalment in the “Expendables” franchise lacks an above-the title Chinese star, but includes Jason Statham, who is also to be seen in China-U.S. co-production “Meg 2: The Trench.”

The new release title was fractionally ahead of Chinese crime thriller “Dust to Dust,” which picked up $10.6 million (RMB76.2 million) in its second week of release. “Dust” breathed in a 52% week-on-week decline, but advanced its total to $44.2 million after ten days on release.

Reviews I read said this isn't even really an Expendables film - but rather a straight-up Jason Statham action film -- even Barney's reportedly only in it for a few scenes.

Also weird that the last one spent time setting up the next generation only to have basically none of them return here.

I don't know the "terms" of what was "wrong with the sequences in acting and on camera, but it was just basically badly directed. The over all impression was off.

Like Megan Fox, 1st you see her? Stallone is looking through the door peephole from the outside and you can hear her yelling, to have the door open and it is "lovers squabble." Stathom exits with Stallone with a look on his face, and Stallone is like, "hey, you knew! But hey! she's an Expendable!" hachacha

Something seems lame? eh they're and Expendable, what can you do! At the end hurrah, WE"RE EXPENDABLES! hooray! 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/24/2023 at 1:46 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I don't know the "terms" of what was "wrong with the sequences in acting and on camera, but it was just basically badly directed. The over all impression was off.

Like Megan Fox, 1st you see her? Stallone is looking through the door peephole from the outside and you can hear her yelling, to have the door open and it is "lovers squabble." Stathom exits with Stallone with a look on his face, and Stallone is like, "hey, you knew! But hey! she's an Expendable!" hachacha

Something seems lame? eh they're and Expendable, what can you do! At the end hurrah, WE"RE EXPENDABLES! hooray! 

Stallone is *40* years older than Fox.