• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My First GA Art… Slick Chick Comics 2
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Yes there are some, relatively small number, who collect golden age art. Before I retired I collected Simon and Kirby OA, including artists who worked for the studio that Joe and Jack ran. But golden age Kirby art have become increasingly expensive, just not nearly expensive as his silver or bronze age art. Nostalgia plays an important part for OA collectors but there aren't many left that were young during the golden age. Plus most OA collectors prefer superhero art and a lot of golden age art was from other genre. Anyway you pickup is really neat. So enjoy.

Edited by hmendryk

On 8/2/2021 at 6:14 PM, hmendryk said:

Yes there are some, relatively small number, who collect golden age art. Before I retired I collected Simon and Kirby OA, including artists who worked for the studio that Joe and Jack ran. But golden age Kirby art have become increasingly expensive, just not nearly expensive as his silver or bronze age art. Nostalgia plays an important part for OA collectors but there aren't many left that were young during the golden age. Plus most OA collectors prefer superhero art and a lot of golden age art was from other genre. Anyway you pickup is really neat. So enjoy.

I agree. I also wanted to add that a lot of the stuff doesn’t really meet up with modern taste. For example, there are too many traditional 6 panel pages and stiff poses. 

On 8/2/2021 at 6:14 PM, hmendryk said:

Yea I understand the nostalgia and lack of capes... makes sense, just find it funny that I bought the pages for less then the last copy sold at heritage of the book. .