• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Universal grade equivalents for green/purple labels

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys, absolute newb question, and one that I am no clearer on answering even after searching the boards.

I have two old Avengers, one Restored 6.0 (Apparent with a tiny bit of top edge trimmed) and a Qualified 4.0 with two pages missing not affecting the story.

What would reasonable equivalent Universal grades be for those two (for the purposes of value/price).

On 8/6/2021 at 9:22 AM, therealrudolfo said:

Hi guys, absolute newb question, and one that I am no clearer on answering even after searching the boards.

I have two old Avengers, one Restored 6.0 (Apparent with a tiny bit of top edge trimmed) and a Qualified 4.0 with two pages missing not affecting the story.

What would reasonable equivalent Universal grades be for those two (for the purposes of value/price).

It's hard to say and really depends on the book. 

If you share the specific books you have, we could probably give you a better idea.  

You can't compare Universal vs Restored vs Qualified in different grades for pricing. You would have to look at pricing for Restored/Qualified vs Universal of the same grade.

For example, I would say that it would be normal for a Restored comic to sell around 50% of a Universal comic. If your comic is an Avengers #1 or #4, though, that percentage could be higher since those are "keys".