• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Book Storage

11 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone knows of a source of the grey or tan acid free comic storage boxes.   I have been calling eGerber since late 2020 and the consistent line from the nice lady who answers the phone is “We will let you know when they get in.   We’re still expecting them.”  There must be other sources of these boxes but I haven’t been able to find any so I am getting discouraged.   I do see bags unlimited has a plastic coated version but it seems small ( 80 book capacity) and it looks different than the eGerber boxes I have been buying for over 10 years.   Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

I think Conervation Resources has those boxes, but if I remember correctly, they are really expensive compared to eGerber.

I read in another post that eGerber was waiting for enough orders before ordering again through thier manufacturer (?)

I have been meaning to make an order at eGerber to help out.

Can you post a pic of what these look like? I assume they are cardboard but i thought they only sold the white CGC graded comic short boxes with a lid. I assume the ones you are refering to are for raws.

Are they all plastic? Long or short boxes? I use drawer boxes for my raws but might be willing to try those out and add my name to an order to help.

Yes, I have some grey acid free boxes from E.Gerber but the next batch I ordered where like "vanilla" yellowish looking boxes.  I need to order some more.  I will call them tomorrow and order some boxes and other comic book supplies which I've 
been meaning too for a couple of weeks or so.  I've heard about the long wait before they actually ship but you have to get in line to get them shipped in the first place. 

On 8/8/2021 at 9:33 AM, JWKyle said:

I figure these are the boxes. I was only able to find them from E gerber , Bill cole had a acid free box but it is yellow not grey. I actuall had to wait til E gerber restocked and bought what I needed.

20210808_092719.jpg

The last two to three orders I received from eGerber are the yellow ones.

On 8/9/2021 at 10:41 AM, JWKyle said:
On 8/9/2021 at 10:02 AM, lizards2 said:

The last two to three orders I received from eGerber are the yellow ones.

Oh hell that's going to kill me if or when I need more, my OCD will exploded

Just alternate the boxes, gray, yellow, gray, yellow, so it looks like it was by design :baiting: